- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Portland, OR, United States
- $190k - $250k
- 0.07% - 0.10%
- Ruby on Rails
Branch's Engineering Team builds products for customers in 4 markets and is distributed across 3 continents. Our team in the US works closely with teams in Africa and India on our existing products as well as new product initiatives. In the long term, we envision the US team as the team responsible for some of the most important foundational building blocks that enable us to rapidly build and improve products across multiple markets.
You will work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and maintain multiple technologies, including our API backend, credit scoring and underwriting systems, payments integrations, and operations tools. We face numerous interesting technical challenges ranging from maintaining complex financial systems to accessing and processing creative data sources for our algorithmic credit model.
As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As an engineering team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making: We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-moving, innovative, and customer-focused setting.
- Accelerate new product development by conceiving, designing, and implementing the core building blocks that we are using to launch new products across teams and geographies.
- Building out APIs and backend systems for our frontend clients, including our Android mobile app.
- Scaling our backend services, data pipelines, and machine learning systems to ever-growing levels of traffic, complexity, and sophistication.
- Help build flexible and easy-to-use tools used by our operations teams to handle customer inquiries and other business processes.
- You have extensive experience (5+ years) of building backend software for web-based or mobile products, including some experience as a tech lead or mentor to other engineers.
- You have strong knowledge of software development fundamentals, including relevant background in computer science fundamentals, distributed systems, data storage, and agile development methodologies.
- You are pragmatic and combine a strong understanding of technology and product needs to arrive at the best solution for a given problem.
- You are highly entrepreneurial and thrive in taking ownership of your own impact. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise.
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, aren’t afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company, working with teammates from all over the world.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 99% coverage of insurance costs (health, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours
- Discretionary trips to our offices around the globe (when it's safe to travel!)
- Pre-tax commuter and 401(k) programs
- Weekly team meals and quarterly team building events (virtual for now!)
- Generous child bonding leave policy
We are primarily looking for candidates located (or willing to relocate to) the United States, ideally in the Pacific Time zone.
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. And we’re looking for more than just qualifications -- so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
About Branch International
Branch is a machine-learning provider of mobile financial services to emerging markets with the purpose of unlocking financial access to billions of underserved people around the world. Unlike traditional institutions, Branch gives people an opportunity to build credit despite limited banking history by assessing creditworthiness based on the data captured from customers’ smartphones.
At Branch, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers and driven by data.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.