- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
- You will design, build and maintain an Android app with the potential to unlock financial services for billions of people throughout developing world. As a member of a small, nimble team, you'll work directly with our product team to create beautiful, inspiring financial experiences for our customers.
- Contributing to the design and development of our Android app (written in Java + Kotlin)
- Scoping new projects and features with our product team, and implementing them (including contributing to some parts of our back-end systems when needed)
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Contributing to the overall engineering roadmap
- Mentoring and teaching other team members
- You are highly entrepreneurial and thrive in taking ownership of your own impact. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise.
- You are a passionate coder. You start and/or contribute to projects you’re excited about.
- You are an excellent collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, aren’t afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions.
- You have experience architecting high-quality Android apps that interact with RESTful APIs and enjoy keeping up with the latest frameworks and development practices. It’s an additional bonus if you have working knowledge of languages such as Kotlin, Ruby and/or Python.
- You understand the value of writing thorough tests, and you are passionate about code quality and bug fixing.
- You are curious about new technologies and are eager to learn about and contribute to all parts of our technology stack.
About Branch International
Branch is a machine-learning provider of mobile financial services to emerging markets with the purpose of unlocking financial access to billions of underserved people around the world. Unlike traditional institutions, Branch gives people an opportunity to build credit despite limited banking history by assessing creditworthiness based on the data captured from customers’ smartphones.
At Branch, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers and driven by data.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.