Buzzer is seeking an experienced Senior Mobile Engineer to join the Engineering team in support of the development and improvement of Buzzer mobile application. This is a critical role on our mobile team to build a scalable and accurate solution to serve customers personalized notifications regarding upcoming moments that matter most to the fan. If you’re creative, goal-driven, and love working in a fast-paced environment alongside passionate colleagues, we want to meet you.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you’ll be an integral part of the creative mobile team at Buzzer. That means you’ll have the opportunity to participate in the entire feature development process from conception, to specification, to engineering and beyond! The ideal candidate should be able to contribute to the architectural and design decisions the team makes and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions. We value good coding practices, solid design patterns, and follow principles for sustainable technology solutions in an agile environment.
Buzzer is presently a fully distributed team, which will require the ideal candidate to be collaborative, proactive, and comfortable working remotely. The Senior Mobile Engineer reports directly to the Mobile Engineering Manager and works directly with the Engineering and Product teams composed of our Product Managers, UX Designers, and engineers, and may collaborate with the broader Operations and Partnerships teams.
In this role, you will:
- Coach and Mentor: As a technical competence leader, be responsible for coaching and mentoring engineers across mobile development practices, mobile programming languages (Swift, Kotlin, etc), and other areas of their professional development in order to grow and level up the Engineering organization.
- Mobile Engineering: Directly work on the implementation and development of our mobile applications. Work on bugs, documentation, tests, and more in order to unblock the team and increase their performance.
- Collaborate: Work closely with other Engineering teams (ie. QA, Platform, etc.) to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment. Work with your Engineering Manager to continuously improve our Engineering team and processes.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment: Create and maintain continuous integration and deployment processes, ensuring the entire CI/CD pipeline works as intended until App release.
- 5+ years working on developing high performance native mobile applications
- Strong experience with Swift or Kotlin
- Experience integrating with RESTful web services
- Experience releasing Production applications to app stores
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and source control systems, including Git
- Familiarity with Firebase Tools, such as RealtimeDB, Analytics, Authentication, etc
- Experience implementing Notifications and In-App Purchases
- Ability to write and execute unit tests for mobile applications and components
- Solid engineering and coding skills with good understanding of data structures and asynchronous programming
- Empathetic, values-driven, and eager to contribute to a broader team culture
- Bonus: Experience in building video streaming experiences, specifically sports media applications
Buzzer is a mobile first, notification-driven platform for live sports, personalized to the fan’s interests & preferences. We take fans from league to league and game to game instantaneously on their mobile device. Our technology, powered by micropayments, push notifications and authentication of existing Pay-TV/OTT subscriptions, allows us to deliver real-time content that reflects the true interests of each individual fan and removes traditional barriers to live viewership.
Our mission is to simplify the discovery and consumption of these live moments. We celebrate our community of fans who are fueled by their passion for sports. Founded in a hub of sports, our growing remote team respects tradition while valuing innovation. Our belief is that as a leading unifier of the sports ecosystem, we can foster togetherness through meaningful touchpoints & across generations.
About Strive: Buzzer’s Commitment to Social Impact
Strive is an intentional and impactful initiative that will utilize Buzzer’s unifying platform to invest in equitable outcomes for Black, Indigenous and People of Color. Buzzer is dedicated to leveling the playing field through our company’s mission, values, product and financial tools in order to create more opportunities for communities of color. Strive will serve as that vehicle for Buzzer to drive positive change and outcomes in our society.
Our Strive Impact Model is designed to invest in these communities through three strategies:
- Equity: 1% of the company’s equity will be protected and allocated to ‘leveling the playing field.’ This fund will ensure that Strive is prioritized and scales at the same rate of our growth. The reinvestment will support Strive’s mission, partners and causes. As our investment in this area grows, the company grows.
- Net Profits: 1% of net profits will be reinvested into partnering non-profits focused on enhancing and empowering Black communities and communities of color. This near-term solution is meant to partner and contribute to impactful organizations that are providing resources and support for our future leaders and customers.
- Consumer Engagement: Invite participation and engagement from each and every Buzzer customer to effect change through partnerships with non-profit organizations aligned to Strive's mission and vision. The ambition of this commitment is to leverage the Buzzer product to highlight opportunities for consumers to engage with and learn about organizations that are investing in communities of color.
Buzzer is proud to share that our first product was the Strive Mentorship program, a global mentorship program connecting over 500 industry professionals with over 500 Black college students predominantly from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and other universities. This mentorship program ultimately inspired the Strive initiative and represents our ambitions to lead by doing the right thing for our potential customers, partners, and employees.
Buzzer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our mission is to simplify the discovery of live moments and make them seamless to watch. Buzzer takes fans from league to league and game to game, instantaneously. We celebrate our community of fans who are fueled by their passion for sports.
We are a diversity-forward company whose values include extreme ownership and transparency. We also strive to be an effective remote and distributed team.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.