- San Francisco, CA, United States
- React JS
We're looking for talented engineers who are passionate about changing the way people learn languages. As a Cambly engineer, you'll be part of a small and fast-moving engineering team where you'll have a large impact on all parts of the Cambly platform. We've been growing rapidly among language learners around the world, so you'll get to learn what it's like to join a fast growing startup that's creating opportunities for our students and tutors alike.
As a China growth engineer, you'll often be working closely with our China Country Manager to make sure our growing number of students in China have the best experience possible. You'll be responsible for building product features to meet the educational needs of our Chinese students. You'll also be responsible for implementing and analyzing growth experiments tailored to the Chinese market.
Things we're looking for:
- A product-minded approach to engineering. You should be excited about working directly with our students and tutors to make sure they have an amazing experience.
- Experience building and shipping great software quickly either professionally, in school, or in side projects.
- A passion for learning. You fearlessly dive into new and unfamiliar technologies.
- A global perspective. You should be excited about building an app in 10+ languages that integrates with the social networks and payment methods used by our students.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Mandarin. You should be able to communicate effectively with engineers on highly technical topics as well as non-technical team members and students.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
On a small and nimble team, every engineer should be able to learn new technologies quickly and jump in anywhere in our stack. You should have experience using or be excited about learning all the parts of Cambly: iOS, Android, React, Python
Instantly Connect with a Private English Tutor 24/7
The Cambly team is a uniquely diverse and collaborative team. It's not unusual to hear conversations in 4 languages at once in the office. We prioritize hiring people who are passionate about creating opportunities for people through English education and are excited to bring a global perspective to their work.
- React JS
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.