- East Bay, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Google Cloud Platform
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be a member of the founding team and will report directly to the CTO.
- You’ll conceptualize, design, build, and maintain complex services/platforms/features and develop ownership over large swaths of our product + infrastructure.
- You’ll interact closely with our current + prospective customers, developing intuition around their biggest pain points and thinking of creative ways to address them.
- You’ll play a critical role in shaping our engineering + broader company culture and help make this the best place we’ve ever worked.
Who you are
- You take pride in your craft and enjoy building high quality software, but also believe that “done is better than perfect” and have good intuition around which corners are okay to cut and which aren’t.
- You enjoy owning features end-to-end and are comfortable moving across the stack to do so
- You were mentored by fantastic engineers early in your career and enjoy paying it forward by mentoring others.
- You care more about solving customer problems and bringing them joy than about using any particular technologies.
- You’re a clear and concise communicator; you enjoy the challenge of explaining complicated ideas in simple terms, both in-person and in writing.
- Experience with the technologies we currently use is a plus, but by no means required: Python, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, React, Typescript, GraphQL, Google Cloud Platform, Auth0, Terraform
We’re fixing one of the most broken and costly pieces of the US healthcare system: medical billing.
Today, healthcare providers spend over $250B each year on administrative overhead just to get paid by insurance. Medical billing is expensive because it’s nuanced and hard - maybe ~100x harder than credit card payment processing - and because it’s traditionally done by armies of humans who track and manage complex rules and processes specific to individual insurance companies with little or no supporting software.
We’re rethinking medical billing from the ground up, using data science and machine learning to automate much of this complexity and lower costs for the healthcare industry. Our first product is an API that healthcare companies use to submit insurance claims, similar to Stripe for medical billing.
We recently finished the Y Combinator W20 batch and have since been funded by an incredible group of funds + angel investors. We have more customers begging to use our product than we have bandwidth to serve, which is why we need you to help us scale!
We spend at least as much time with our coworkers as we do with our closest friends + family - if we intend to do the most important + challenging work of our lives, it’s important that these folks energize us, support us, inspire us, and push us to our best work. This is what you can expect of your teammates at Candid:
Persistence + ownership of outcomes. We wear many hats and aren’t afraid to run through walls to solve hard problems.
A growth mindset. We push ourselves to learn new things and embrace challenges, even if it means that we sometimes fail. We value and react quickly to constructive feedback.
Prioritization of mental + physical health. We work really hard, but this is a marathon, not a sprint. *
When we’re in the office, we home-cook healthy meals for lunch. When we’re sheltering at home, we check in on each others’ sleep + exercise at each daily standup. We’re not shy about talking about our feelings and emotional wellbeing during 1:1s.
Embracing diversity. We build better products, have a better chance of fixing broken parts of the US healthcare system, and enjoy our work more when we bring more perspectives to the table. We’re excited to work with folks from underrepresented backgrounds and who otherwise look or think differently than we do.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.