Staff Frontend Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Our Team + Your Role
Our Jumpstart team comprises almost 50 high-energy people from unique backgrounds. We’re a team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We move fast, iterate, measure, and iterate again. We encourage each other to always remember the “why” in service to the mission and believe people are our greatest asset.
Our stack consists of a Vue.js frontend, Django / Python backend, ML recommendation-based microservice, and AWS/Netlify infrastructure components.
- Lead complex frontend projects from conception to deployment in production
- Serve as a tech lead or a source of intricate knowledge about an entire platform or service
- Act like an owner, reacting quickly to issues and serving as a source of knowledge across your whole platform
- Proactively identify risks to timely delivery, effectively communicating those and adjusting plans to achieve goals
- Serve as a mentor, and are respected by peers as someone who is a great leader
- Catch major issues in pull requests and leave in-depth reviews that level up other engineers
- Have a track record of delivering high quality results for large or complex projects, exceeding you and your team’s commitments & expectations
- Have a knack for learning and adaptively handling tasks wherever needed
- Design, build and maintain a highly scalable, performant web app
- Quickly distill fast-moving product & design requirements into tangible engineering tasks and designs
- Collaborate with our backend team to build applications that are heavily data-driven
- Contribute to the culture of a growing team through your ideas and passion for engineering
- Take ownership of projects end-to-end: from design through development to production
- Shape our engineering culture through innovative problem solving to create ideas, tools, and infrastructure to raise the bar
- Work closely with the product & design teams to plan and prioritize features
- Low ego, high EQ engineer, able to work collaboratively no matter the task at hand
- You put customers first, taking a humanistic approach to ensuring all engineering requirements are met in the best way possible for our users
- Be instrumental in the future development of our organization's web platform, and shape future frontend direction
- 4+ years of experience in software development, not including internships
- 2+ years of in-depth experience with Vue or React
- A proven track record of success developing & shipping large-scale, performant, and scalable frontend applications
- Deep experience with RESTful API development
- Experience using common IDEs (VSCode or equivalent)
- Passion for writing clean, well-documented, and reusable code
- Experience with web standards and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, socket APIs, etc.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle
- A drive for optimization and performance analytics
- A Bachelor's Degree or comparable work experience
Benefits & Additional Notes
At Jumpstart, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide:
- 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance
- Unlimited paid-time off
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay
To help employees have a comfortable “work from home” environment, we also offer a $500 reimbursement to get you the tools you need and a $75/week reimbursement for meals.
We are a distributed team, and we offer US-based remote employment for most roles. Though we're a distributed team, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
At Canvas, it's our mission to make the world more equitable by building a collaborative talent marketplace that creates more opportunity for everyone.
Canvas is an all-in-one diversity recruiting platform that helps talent acquisition teams of all sizes hire the best, most diverse talent. With Jumpstart, you and your team can effortlessly source, manage, and engage with talent of all backgrounds to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Hundreds of talent teams at organizations of varying industries and sizes rely on Canvas to broaden their talent landscape.
Our entire business model depends on producing top-notch technology that provides the tools recruiters need in our feature-rich interface. As a result, hiring rockstar engineers is our number one operating priority.
Join our team of collaborative, fast-paced builders developing our stack, comprised of a Swift iOS app, Vue.js frontend, Django/Python backend & ML algorithm server, and AWS infrastructure
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.