- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $110k - $130k
- 1.0% - 2.0%
We've got a big vision at Caplight — to build a robust & liquid derivatives marketplace for the $10 trillion alternative asset class. In order to get there, we're assembling an all-star team. One of the most critical hires for us is a lead engineer who will play a key role in determining the architecture and technology choices we use at Caplight, as well as our engineering processes. You'll work alongside our founders to build technology used by some of the largest hedge funds in the world. As the team grows, you'll grow with us and be an important leader at the company.
- 5+ years professional experience, ideally with a focus on full-stack web development using modern technologies
- Product-minded: part of your role will defining
whatwe build not just
howwe build it.
- Experience scoping and managing engineering projects
- Experience managing or mentoring other engineers
- Tinker mindset: you stay up to date on newer technologies and explore them every so often. Love a certain technology — great, pitch it to us and let's use it!
- Product-minded: we don't have a formal product organization so you'll have to make frequent decisions around client-facing product. You may have to cut corners every now and then and should know when to make those tradeoffs!
- Fast: We have a lot to ship! We build features in a day and entire products in a week.
- Experience with financial markets is a plus but certainly not a requirement.
Caplight operates the first-ever marketplace for financial derivatives of pre-IPO equity. Institutional investors ranging from hedge funds and VC funds to private endowments use Caplight to place institutional-sized derivative deals.
The team today is small but seasoned. We're experts in our industry, but approach our product decisions with humility. We learn something new and insightful about our clients each week.
At Caplight, we like to balance hustle and quality. We pride ourselves on fast execution, extreme accountability, and measured progress towards our objectives. But we also set aside time for deep strategic thought, focused creative work, and polishing our output.
If we had to pick one word to describe ourselves, it would be passionate. We meticulously learn from our mistakes while celebrating our wins like there's no tomorrow. We have a sense of extreme trust amongst the team and are deliberately building a company unburdened by bureaucracy, politics, bloat, or excessive communication overhead. Beyond that, our culture is still being formed. Come help us shape it.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.