Lead Frontend Engineer
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $125k - $200k
- 0.1% - 0.8%
Cast.app is humanizing Digital Customer Success by automatically generating personalized videos, slide-decks, and podcasts effortlessly from customer data, at scale.
We help Customer Success teams proactively demonstrate realized value to their accounts, leading to stickiness, renewals, growth, and expansion. We make CS a profit center — by automating revenue growth using recommendation-driven sales actions taken directly within the Cast videos.
Read more in the company profile.
What You'll Do
- Building new user-facing features with beautiful and scalable UI components.
- Implement complex React components ranging from drag & drop to virtualized rendering of large data collections for Cast Designer.
- Work closely with founders and design to implement fast new feature concepts.
- Enhance the quality of our SVG animations, real-time AI avatars, and our scene narration editors.
- Improve application performance by profiling.
- Redefine best-in-class software development processes so that we can build an opinionated product.
What We're Looking For
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates.
- Proactive mindset: You don't wait for status updates and are comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Thrives on bringing ideas to life. Takes pride in crafting innovative solutions with polished user experiences while possessing a keen eye for design, accessibility, and well-structured code.
- Mastery of the frontend: Strong development & debugging skills, understanding of design/architectural patterns and core web technology, experience working with Typescript, knowledge of the latest web security practices.
- You're proficient with Typescript, Greensock, SVG Animations.
- You have solid HTML & CSS, web fundamentals
- You're well-versed in modern API Designs (JSON 1.1) REST.
- Experience with build systems like webpack.
- Experience with designing highly efficient web applications (B2B SaaS a plus).
- Experience and preference for frontend unit & integration testing and TDD best practices.
Cast.app is backed by Array Ventures, Soma Capital, Techstars, New York Venture Partners, Leonis Capital, a16z angels, Jason Warner CTO of Github, Mickey Alon CTO of Gainsight, Rav Dhaliwal former Head of CS at Slack, and others. We are trusted by Google, Comcast, Pure Storage, Notion, and other customers.
Generate videos, slide decks, and podcasts from data for customer facing teams like Customer Success, who need to proactively present frequently to their customers for onboarding customers, product adoption, retention, renewals, up-sells, cross-sells, etc. Plaid, Google, Yelp, Pure Storage, HP, typically can only support 10% of their customer base using Customer Success professionals. The rest get reactive customer support.
In the time they create a presentation for one high-paying customer, they can create videos and slide-decks for all their customers including the thousands from long-tail or lower-account value segment of customers.
We package a virtual presenter with the presentations.
We believe the best way to succeed as a team is to be transparent, have two-way feedback, and promote a culture of innovation that values and rewards risk.
We are driven by first principles, logic, common sense versus formalized policies. We are young, dynamic, and fast moving. And regardless of how big we become we will always value strong ideas versus who they came from.
Here are two quotes that describes us.
“Culture is simply a shared way of doing something with a passion.” – Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO, Airbnb
“Customers will never love a company until the employees love it first.” – Simon Sinek, author, Start with Why
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.