Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Webex Signaling
Cisco Webex is the World's #1 business collaboration and customer engagement platform. It is used across all industries in the world being used to support governments, business, education, and more including use by 85% of Fortune 500 business. Cisco is the clear market leader in in unified communication and contact centers with state of the art technology integration with People Insights, Webex Assistant, Webex Experience Management and now BabbleLabs noise cancelation. These technologies have already been rolled out in the core Webex application suite which includes calling, meetings, messaging, team collaboration and contact center applications. Webex is built on a very modern SaaS platform with a strong culture of DevOps that operates worldwide with engineers in locations such as the US, EU, China, and India. The platform is used by 100s of millions of people around the world, and we’re looking to expand the team that delivers this amazing technology to the world. What You’ll Do
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
· Measure and ensure reliability, availability and overall system health of our Webex Signaling cloud microservices in a thriving development team that loves practicing continuous integration and deployment
· Make DevOps a primary concern to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable
· Maintain and enhance our service level agreement (SLA) dashboards and alerting
· Work closely with other software engineers, technical leaders and architects to investigate, identify root cause and fix production impacting issues
· Participate in team retrospectives and five whys analysis to identify improvements in team processes and practices
· Enhance and Extend Webex Telemetry systems for analytics, continuous improvement and performance tuning
· Participate in the team’s on-call rotation schedule to provide primary operational support for large scale distributed software applications
· Apply the learnings from monitoring and observation to actively look for opportunities to improve the performance and availability of the system
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science or similar field
· Familiar with metrics and analytics tools such as Grafana and Splunk
· Familiar with cloud microservice issue investigation and troubleshooting using tools such as Kibana
· Proficient in Java coding and debugging
· Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
· Demonstrated experience with large scale applications using event streaming platforms like Kafka
· Demonstrated experience with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices
· Demonstrated experience integrating with external and internal microservices using REST/JSON that is scalable and high volume
· Experience or demonstrated interest with real time communication/streaming protocols and video technologies
Nice to Have
· Experience with Signaling protocols like SIP, Media protocols like RTP, RTCP, SRTP and Misc protocols like DTLS, TLS, HTTPS
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of the core Webex Signaling team that powers every calling, meeting, sharing, whiteboarding, transcribing and many more use cases. All major Webex workloads go through the microservices you will build.
We are on a mission to build the best collaboration product creating experiences that are 10x better than in person interactions and inclusive for all. We have a team of world-class product managers, designers, and engineers who are exceptionally talented and all low ego. We draw on this well of experiences every day as we collaborate on our own product, tech stack, and go to market strategy. We have a strong “eat our own dogfood” culture. We live and breathe Webex everyday because we use the platform every day. We're highly collaborative, committed to building great things, and consider it a privilege to learn from each other every day.
Cisco was voted the #1 place to work by Fortune and Great Places to Work in 2019 and 2020! https://fortune.com/best-companies/2021/ At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes,
our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices. We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco is Partnering with Triplebyte to find the next best Engineers!
The workplace of the future will be powered by AI and the Cisco Webex Intelligence team is making that a reality. Two fast-moving startups (MindMeld and Accompany) were recently acquired by Cisco to disrupt and boost the industry's #1 Collaboration portfolio. We aim to build the next generation of collaboration software & devices - from digitizing the in-meeting experience, to enhancing distributed team efficiency, to improving all aspects of people connection.
- True empathy and passion for the user. Users are the reason why we get up, go to work, and drink so much coffee. We never forget it for a minute.
- Move fast, fix fast. We're building a rocketship. Be the fuel.
- Take genuinely good care of each other. Every person on our team is essential. Every. Single. Person.
- Take responsibility—it's your company. Make us better. Push us harder. Tell us what we're doing right and, better yet, what we're doing wrong.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.