Software Engineer - Cloud Services
- Denver, CO, United States
- $78k - $132k
- 8.0% - 12.5%
Please Note: US Citizenship is required for this role due to the nature of work with our US Federal customers.
Cisco Webex is transforming how people communicate globally and driving efficiency to outstanding levels through improved user experience and cloud-enabled workflows. We are seeking a software engineer to join our global team of engineers, developers, architects on the various layers of software and services backing our Webex applications.
Join the multifaceted community of engineers innovating on the latest in cloud-based software development, including continuous integration and delivery, tested development, and software-as-a-service DevOps. Our team develops Cisco's cloud-based teamwork service enjoyed by millions of users at thousands of companies, including some of the world's largest corporations.
Who You'll Work With
Our growing team that works on building a leading-edge cloud collaboration platform to help unify communication for service providers, customers, and end-users. You have an outstanding opportunity to learn how cloud communication works.
What You’ll Do
Your core job mission is to drive the transformation of the current software stack into robust, low latency services. Provide occasional after-hours support for production and troubleshooting support for escalated incidents related to assigned projects.
• Collaborate within an agile development environment developing and delivering world-class software across a distributed team
• Develop beautiful, maintainable code, with comprehensive test-driven development
• Participate in code and architecture reviews
• Craft all aspects of the service including software development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery to production
• Respond to and resolve service problems
Who You Are
You excel at both written and verbal communication to get your point across to the diversified team. You have experience with micro-services, programmatic interfaces for system integration, and vital levels of security and performance. You possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, proficiency in coding, and a dedication to tackle sophisticated problems of running cloud services.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 2 to 5 years professional experience in cloud service design and development
• Understand and develop Java back-end frameworks
• Practical knowledge programming and debugging server-side/cloud environments
• Experience with complex data structures and algorithms
• Collaborate well in groups and cooperate with people from all fields and cultures
• Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
• Understanding and implementation of security & data protection.
• Experience using advanced Spring Framework libraries and asynchronous processing
• Practical knowledge of HTTP/REST
• Hands-on experience using Redis as a cache
• Proficiency with C++, Git, preferably GitHub Enterprise
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
About Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco is Partnering with Triplebyte to find the next best Engineers!
The workplace of the future will be powered by AI and the Cisco Webex Intelligence team is making that a reality. Two fast-moving startups (MindMeld and Accompany) were recently acquired by Cisco to disrupt and boost the industry's #1 Collaboration portfolio. We aim to build the next generation of collaboration software & devices - from digitizing the in-meeting experience, to enhancing distributed team efficiency, to improving all aspects of people connection.
- True empathy and passion for the user. Users are the reason why we get up, go to work, and drink so much coffee. We never forget it for a minute.
- Move fast, fix fast. We're building a rocketship. Be the fuel.
- Take genuinely good care of each other. Every person on our team is essential. Every. Single. Person.
- Take responsibility—it's your company. Make us better. Push us harder. Tell us what we're doing right and, better yet, what we're doing wrong.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.