Software Engineer - Webex Graph
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
What You’ll Do
In this role, you'll work on the Webex Graph and People Insights features. We’ve built a proprietary data platform that scours billions of pages on the web and uses intelligence and machine learning to create the richest, most real-time profiles in the world for hundreds of millions of people and tens of millions of companies.
To do this we tackle problems like - How do you decide which parts of the web to crawl? How do you extract structured data from unstructured text? How do you efficiently keep this data up to date?
We’re now working to combine this rich person and company data with real-time information about people's interactions, to unify all the Collaboration data across our Collaboration portfolio into a networked graph of all your interactions and relationships. It’s an enormous and exciting massive-scale data problem with a huge amount of whitespace problems to tackle from scratch as part of that effort. How do you store and query all this data efficiently? What unique deductions and insights might you make from it? It’s also one which we feel has huge product implications for being able to help improve people’s lives at a massive scale during this time of almost entirely remote work.
Webex Graph seeks to provide our customers with perfect context on the people they are meeting and collaborating with, right when they need it. We seek to provide users with all the context they need to succeed... Who are you meeting with? What are the most important facts about the company they work for? Do you have anything in common with them?
Our team is ripe with exciting technical challenges, most of which have yet to be solved here and some of which have yet to be solved anywhere!
Who You Are
You take pride in building and shipping fabulous software. You thrive on ownership and autonomy, but are also committed to collaborating and communicating across the team's different stakeholders and domain experts. You enjoy working in an interdisciplinary environment that requires interfacing cross-functionally, from product to sales to customer support. You hold yourself and your teammates to a very high degree of quality in everything you do. You're hungry to apply the skills you already have, and to learn new ones from the work you'll do and team you'll work with. You thrive on constructive feedback and you deliver results that matter.
- Experience writing robust systems that have served real customers
- Solid foundation in Computer Science (algorithms, data structures, software design)
- Great can-do attitude and ability to thrive and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities and a commitment to using them
- Desire to work on a highly scalable and available system used by tens of millions of users daily
- Most of our codebase is in Ruby and C++, but languages can be learned. We prioritize general programming ability over any specific language experience.
- Experience being a generalist—curiosity about and ability to work on different parts of the system (backend, front-end, mobile, data mining, machine learning)
About Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco is Partnering with Triplebyte to find the next best Engineers!
The workplace of the future will be powered by AI and the Cisco Webex Intelligence team is making that a reality. Two fast-moving startups (MindMeld and Accompany) were recently acquired by Cisco to disrupt and boost the industry's #1 Collaboration portfolio. We aim to build the next generation of collaboration software & devices - from digitizing the in-meeting experience, to enhancing distributed team efficiency, to improving all aspects of people connection.
- True empathy and passion for the user. Users are the reason why we get up, go to work, and drink so much coffee. We never forget it for a minute.
- Move fast, fix fast. We're building a rocketship. Be the fuel.
- Take genuinely good care of each other. Every person on our team is essential. Every. Single. Person.
- Take responsibility—it's your company. Make us better. Push us harder. Tell us what we're doing right and, better yet, what we're doing wrong.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.