- San Francisco
What You’ll Do
The workplace of the future will be powered by AI and the Cisco Webex Intelligence team is making that a reality. Two fast-moving startups (MindMeld and Accompany) were recently acquired by Cisco to disrupt and boost the industry's #1 Collaboration portfolio. We aim to build the next generation of collaboration software & devices - from digitizing the in-meeting experience, enhancing distributed team efficiency and improving all aspects of people connection.
The team develops innovative experiences by leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning, conversational AI and information retrieval techniques. One of the projects is Webex Assistant, the industry’s most advanced voice-driven virtual assistant for meetings and collaboration. As a Software Engineer, you will own several components and features and mentor junior members of the team.
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll join a small, high-caliber team of machine learning specialists, large scale systems experts, natural language processing experts, product gurus, customer champions, and world-class designers who are passionate about the future brought by AI. We move fast, continuously improve, and deliver high-impact results. We’re not only aiming to build AI applications; we strive to build the best applications of AI the world has ever seen.
Who You Are
You have a passion for and deep experience in building complex software systems. You thrive in an agile development process. You look forward to joining a high caliber and motivated team. You’re not just looking for a job, you’re looking for an innovative product where you can make a large impact. You’re self-driven and set high expectations for yourself. You take ownership and sweat the small stuff. You thrive on constructive feedback. You insist that facts drive decisions. You deliver results that matter.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Solid foundation in Computer Science (algorithms, data structures, software design)
- Fluency in Python or similar languages
- Experience with C++, Java, or similar compiled languages
- Experience shipping a production-ready application to real-world users
- Expertise architecting and developing scalable REST APIs
- Great can-do attitude and ability to thrive and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work on a highly scalable and available system used by tens of millions of users daily
- Experience being a generalist—curiosity about and ability to work on different parts of the system (backend, front-end, mobile, data mining, machine learning)
- Bonus: Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding experience
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is Partnering with Triplebyte to find the next best Engineers!
The workplace of the future will be powered by AI and the Cisco Webex Intelligence team is making that a reality. Two fast-moving startups (MindMeld and Accompany) were recently acquired by Cisco to disrupt and boost the industry's #1 Collaboration portfolio. We aim to build the next generation of collaboration software & devices - from digitizing the in-meeting experience, to enhancing distributed team efficiency, to improving all aspects of people connection.
- True empathy and passion for the user. Users are the reason why we get up, go to work, and drink so much coffee. We never forget it for a minute.
- Move fast, fix fast. We're building a rocketship. Be the fuel.
- Take genuinely good care of each other. Every person on our team is essential. Every. Single. Person.
- Take responsibility—it's your company. Make us better. Push us harder. Tell us what we're doing right and, better yet, what we're doing wrong.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.