Senior Backend Engineer
- Silicon Valley (Redwood City to San Jose)
- $125k - $162k
- 0.035% - 0.100%
You'll work on our next-generation platform for managing enterprise materials R&D data. Help foster collaboration between scientists by sharing data that can to lead to faster R&D outcomes, less waste, and superior performance. Help drive better research outcomes with cutting-edge ML.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, implement, and document user-facing and non-public APIs core to Citrine’s product offering.
- Design and extend data-access layer systems.
- Build product features on the Citrination platform that puts our core technology in the hands of scientists
- Deploy and support your software & infrastructure in production
- Test & analyze the impact and performance of your software
- Mentor other developers
- Work in a multi-functional team on features from concept to delivery ## THE STACK
- PostgreSQL, DynanmoDB, S3, Athena
- AWS (ECS, CloudFormation, etc) ## PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent Linux fundamentals
- Experience with AWS, particularly automation
- Familiarity with OLAP database system design
- Familiarity both SQL and NoSQL storage technologies - when to use each, and how to leverage their strengths
- Familiarity writing and maintaining user-facing APIs
About Citrine Informatics
The future of materials development depends on speed. Developing materials faster will require managing and using data more effectively, which includes consolidating data into a single consistent searchable format, as well as structuring, storing, and using materials data to harness the power of artificial intelligence. Our product combines a consolidated materials repository, the world’s largest materials dataset, and powerful artificial intelligence to accelerate materials discovery.
Citrine Informatics’ artificial intelligence technology is changing and accelerating the way materials and products are developed and as a result, the environment is fast-moving, intense, fun and supportive. The culture of the company is driven by our company values. Candidates who align with the following values will thrive:
We act with autonomy and we are accountable for performance excellence;
We use data to make good decisions;
We live up to our commitments and get the job done and have a bias toward execution;
We are committed to our internal team through recognizing our colleagues for their successes and assistance, and to our external community through making positive contributions when possible;
We value diverse opinions, perspectives and backgrounds.
These values influence how we work, prioritize our time, evaluate our performance, interact with colleagues and customers, as well as candidates for employment.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.