LEAD FULL-STACK ENGINEER
- Bloomington, IN, United States
- Pittsburgh, PA, United States
- $100k - $150k
- 0.5% - 2.0%
- React Native
Civic Champs is looking for a Lead Engineer to join our team and help us grow. We are looking for someone who is passionate about great code and helping the overall team grow in skill and quality.
WHO ARE WE?
Civic Champs was founded in 2019 to change how nonprofits operate and engage with their champions. We automate volunteer management and help nonprofit organizations convert their volunteers to donors. Our solutions eliminate manual data entry and other time-consuming tasks so nonprofits can focus on doing what matters most.
- Automated volunteer hour tracking in three different ways to capture volunteer hours
- a mobile app that uses geofencing technology;
- a self-service kiosk that can be launched on any device;
- an admin mode in the mobile app that allows staff members to check-in volunteers on their behalf
- Scheduling and registration tools for volunteering events
- Onboarding tools to organize and onboard volunteers including groups, waivers, IDs, and questionnaires
- Messaging tools to reach out to volunteers
- An integrated micro-donations platform automatically converts volunteers to donors
Civic Champs in the past 2+ years has started working with over 70 nonprofits including Habitat for Humanity, Humane Society, Rotary International, United Way, and the Boys & Girls Club. In addition, we have been fortunate to have won several top-tier accolades including:
- TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield
- Indiana University CLAPP competition winner
- Poets & Quants Most Disruptive MBA Startups of 2019
- Elevate Nexus Regional Seed Competition Winner
- UpPrize Challenge 3rd place winner
- Openideo And Gates Foundation Reimagine Charitable Giving Challenge Winner
- Techstars portfolio company
- 2020 MassChallenge Austin Gold Award Winner
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
As Civic Champs continues to grow, we are looking to bring on a full-stack lead engineer. The team has many features to enhance and many more to add to our existing platform so we can help nonprofits make an even greater impact. As our lead engineer, you will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the entire company, from sales to product and design. You will also be responsible for helping to craft a product roadmap and manage the development pipeline.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Has the ability to work independently and with other engineers to develop new features and provide support for existing systems and applications
- Can collaborate with designers, other engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product using the best technologies
- Can assist in scoping, estimating, and planning projects
- Can participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing
- Is comfortable working in a fast high-iteration startup environment with high levels of ambiguity, autonomy, and shifting requirements
WHAT HARD SKILLS ARE NEEDED?
- Extensive prior experience in developing Node.js applications (3+ years)
- SQL (4+ years - significant Postgres experience a plus)
- React.js (3+ years)
- Broad experience with React.js ecosystem (Redux, hooks, Saga, etc)
- DevOps on AWS and/or AWS services (2+ years - Cognito, Lambda, S3, SMS, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, etc.)
- Experience running past applications in production, including troubleshooting multiple platforms (5+ years)
- Familiarity with build tools: Typescript, Webpack, Lerna, fastlane, etc.
WHAT SOFT SKILLS ARE NEEDED?
- Passion and attention to detail. Requires a strong ability to quickly understand code and how it will affect our users
- Excellent planning, communication, and collaboration skills
- Understanding of best practices for web development, software design, and DevOps principles
- You value code quality and maintainability
- Previous remote working experience
- An excellent
system intuition. Requires a strong ability to parse complexity, debug, and quickly understand what is going on / how it needs to change
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with design and product design tools
- Testing/coverage frameworks & solutions
- Previous experience mentoring or leading other engineers
- Experience with React Native, Hybrid Apps, or Native Mobile Development
About Civic Champs
Civic Champs helps nonprofits manage volunteering, mentoring, and donations. We help them get back to what matters most so they can leave paper in the past. Using a mobile-first approach we help nonprofits and their volunteers record the data that is needed for large benefactors to see how they are making a difference. Also, we make it so they can tell their stories easily and in realtime.
Fun, passionate, transparent, and caring. We really want to make a difference for nonprofits but we want to make sure we enjoy the journey on our way to getting there.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.