- $80k - $150k
- 0.0% - 0.1%
Clever Real Estate
Clever was founded four years ago to change how real estate is bought and sold. We connect home buyers and sellers with experienced, local real estate agents — and help them save thousands along the way.
Our customers usually find us through our portfolio of websites, where we publish engaging digital content over 10 Million readers per year. Our content has been featured on Forbes, NBC, PBS, Politico and hundreds of other major media outlets — and it's all powered by a cutting-edge React / Gatsby technology platform.
Behind the scenes, our Agent-Matching service is also powered by a suite of technology products — including our Customer Portal, Agent Portal, and trade-secret Agent Matching Platform (AMP) — that have helped drive Clever to 300% growth in just the first half of 2021.
As Clever continues to grow and develop, we’re excited to expand the tech platforms that already help thousands of customers navigate their real estate journey. Our Product Team has been fully remote since before Covid: expect to join a collaborative, fun and fast-paced team!
Minimum 2 years of relevant full-time backend engineering experience required.
We’re a tight-knit and fast-growing team committed to making an impact. Our people come from diverse, and often unconventional backgrounds. We’re all united by our love for our customers, passion for supporting our team, and dedication to building a better real estate journey.
The Skill Set
- 2+ years professional experience coding in a backend language like Python, Ruby, C++ or C; ability to get up and running quickly in a Python / Django codebase
- Bonus if you’re comfortable working with other Clever technologies like: Django, React, Celery, Redis, AWS, Gatsby or Tailwind/SCSS
- Experience working in an engineering team with code review, version control and sprint planning processes
- You write clean, well-tested code that is easy for team members to understand
- You are able to plan systems with an eye towards making them abstract and adaptable, to accommodate use cases that haven’t been discovered yet
- You think in terms of tradeoffs and alternatives, and don’t get stuck with the first way you thought of implementing a feature
- You love collaborating with product and business stakeholders, and understanding the “WHY” behind your work
Within One Month You’ll:
- Begin your onboarding with a talented team of engineers and product managers, building strong bonds and working relationships
- Learn about Clever’s sales, marketing, and product teams, and gain a clear understanding of Clever’s business model
- Collaborate with other engineers to break features into tickets and plan 2 week sprints
- Get comfortable with Clever's engineering workflow, taking features through development, testing, code review and release
Within Three Months You’ll:
- Build confidence launching new features across Clever's web platforms and backend tools
- Collaborate with engineers and product stakeholders to develop tech specs and plan out new features
- Begin to specialize and develop deeper ownership over a few key products or technical systems
Within Six Months You’ll:
- Help Clever achieve over 300% growth in 2022, empowering our team of concierges and content creators with cutting-edge technology
- Support our fast-growing product org by researching and implementing best practices for our codebases and development flow
- Play a key role on a senior engineering team, building out technical systems that are tested and planned to scale with Clever long-term
- Competitive salary
- Competitive PTO
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Remote work
- Flex hours
About Clever Real Estate
We help folks save money on real estate commissions while connecting them with the best real estate agents in their area.
Our concierge team of licensed real estate experts answers customers' questions, offer advice, and learn exactly what they're looking for in an agent. We decide which agents to recommend based on customers' specific goals and needs. They get to meet each agent and decide which one they'd like to work with. They can also request to be introduced to more agents if they don't feel they've found a fit.
In all cases, our service is completely free for customers. We make money by taking a percentage of the commission made by the real estate agent. Agents happily pay this in exchange for the consistent deal-flow that we send their way.
Since our inception in 2017 we've helped homeowners buy and sell over a billion dollars in real estate, while saving over $50,000,000 in real estate fees.
We've built a product that helps consumers save thousands, while providing a consistent source of business for great agents.
We believe in shipping code frequently and measuring outcomes. We take a validated-learning approach to writing code.
We value having a bias towards action and a drive for documenting your work.
We love pair programming for sharing context, and we regularly invoke
swarming — or, flash collaboration — to unblock each other. We believe that the improvement of daily work is work, and it should be at the forefront of our minds all of the time.
Here's an excerpt from our Blameless Post-Mortem template that is particularly illustrative of our team culture:
Remember: We're trying to prepare for a future where we're as humanly fallible as we are today. It's not productive for us to come out of this meeting with a decision tobe less stupid
orbe more careful". Rather, we should try to identify fool-proof countermeasures that we can use to avoid issues in the future. This may involve an automated system or a documented process that captures organizational learning.
We should explicitly disallow the phrases
would have and
could have. It's much more productive to think about why we chose a course of action and what we'll do in the future to improve our incident prevention and response practices.
Finally, remember that this meeting is not about naming, blaming, and shaming others. It's about improving ourselves as a team."
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.