Senior Mobile Engineer - Android
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Google Cloud Platform
CloudTrucks has built a business-in-a-box solution to help truck drivers manage their entire business, all from our mobile app. Our customers are constantly on the move and rely on our mobile application to do everything from finding jobs to getting paid instantly and tracking all of their transactions. The mobile engineering team, along with the designers that they work closely with, have the unique responsibility of taking really complex systems and workflows, and making it extremely simple to interact with.
As an early engineer on the mobile engineering team, you will have an impact at shaping the team as well as the company. You will leverage your skills and expertise to make key technical decisions and develop products that meaningfully impact and empower the truck drivers on our platform.
- Take ownership and responsibility for building, testing, releasing, and maintaining the CloudTrucks Android application
- Work with our product and design teams to build exciting new features
- Drive high-impact architecture decisions
- Help set and improve best practices and standards for developing the app
- Improve our app codebase through continuous refactoring
What we're looking for
- Strong development skills in Java and the Android SDK
- Extensive experience developing and shipping high-quality Android apps
- Strong communication and cross-functional partnership skills
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right
- Experience working closely with designers
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with automated testing/continuous integration
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. Core to this industry are over 3.5M truck drivers. They move more than 70% of all goods transported around the U.S., yet operate in a highly fragmented industry with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexity.
We are looking for uniquely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry-defining business. Visit our careers page to learn about our talented team, and read our $20.5M Series A fundraising announcement for more on our mission.
At CloudTrucks we are completely mission driven and working on a problem that affects the largest workforce in America. We help truck drivers manage their entire business and we have built an elegant app with very complex backend systems to do so.
CloudTrucks is a "business in a box” solution for truck drivers at a much lower cost using software engineering, data science and world class operations processes. Our mission is simple — to put more money in the hands of truck drivers and reduce their headaches. Our value to drivers cuts across 4 core pillars — data science (automated revenue maximization models like the optimizer), workflows (we have simplified and automated complex booking, payment and negotiation workflows), financial products (CT Cash in partnership with Visa and Stripe) and Compliance products.
The core values that drive our company culture are hustle and humility. We work hard, and we work smart. We solve difficult problems, and we are absolutely loyal to our team and to our mission.
We know we're tackling challenging problems and we know we need to work together to solve them. Many of us are new to this space, so we foster a culture of teaching and learning. People go out of their way to be helpful and everyone has what they need to do the best job possible.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.