Senior Software Engineer - Data Science & Machine Learning
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Google Cloud Platform
At Cloudtrucks, data is core to helping truck drivers manage their business with maximal efficiency and minimal headache. To achieve this, we are tackling complex problems with smart solutions in market prediction, pricing, risk assessment, and route optimization. We ingest, aggregate, translate and synthesize data from myriad sources to make profit positive recommendations to drivers, and encourage compliant & safe driving with lower operator overhead.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the data team, you will own the architecture underpinning our predictive models, optimization algorithms and artificial intelligence applications. This is a foundational role with a high degree of autonomy to build out our data science and machine learning technical stack in support of your teammates and our data initiatives. You'll have the opportunity to provide technical leadership and make decisions on data products with significant impact across the company.
- Design, grow and operate our machine learning pipeline
- This includes making judicious build vs buy decisions to materialize our current modeling needs as well as preparing for 10x data volume as we are rapidly scaling
- Work closely with ML engineers and data scientists to deploy and improve algorithms and models in production
- Lead development and write production code to interface data solutions with customer facing applications. Our models are only as good as the value they deliver to the end user.
- Examples of additional projects depending on experience and interest: Improve our scheduling and routing libraries by continuing to add features and make them broadly accessible | Speed up core optimization algorithms | Optimize our delivery search recommender system | Drive the team's adoption of large-scale data processing technologies
- 4+ years of industry experience in software engineering, preferably in a ML or data group
- Established history of implementing, deploying and maintaining data driven applications at scale
- Familiarity with the machine learning lifecycle and product landscape, for example: ML Flow, Google AI Platform, Amazon SageMaker, Apache Airflow, etc. You don't need to be an expert in all of these, but you'll be expected to propose and manage the products that are a best fit for us.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast growth startup.
- Strong written, and verbal communication, and collaboration skills. As a small team, we work closely with each other, are embedded in engineering, and interface frequently with the organization at large.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. Core to this industry are over 3.5M truck drivers. They move more than 70% of all goods transported around the U.S., yet operate in a highly fragmented industry with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexity.
We are looking for uniquely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry-defining business. Visit our careers page to learn about our talented team, and read our $20.5M Series A fundraising announcement for more on our mission.
At CloudTrucks we are completely mission driven and working on a problem that affects the largest workforce in America. We help truck drivers manage their entire business and we have built an elegant app with very complex backend systems to do so.
CloudTrucks is a "business in a box” solution for truck drivers at a much lower cost using software engineering, data science and world class operations processes. Our mission is simple — to put more money in the hands of truck drivers and reduce their headaches. Our value to drivers cuts across 4 core pillars — data science (automated revenue maximization models like the optimizer), workflows (we have simplified and automated complex booking, payment and negotiation workflows), financial products (CT Cash in partnership with Visa and Stripe) and Compliance products.
The core values that drive our company culture are hustle and humility. We work hard, and we work smart. We solve difficult problems, and we are absolutely loyal to our team and to our mission.
We know we're tackling challenging problems and we know we need to work together to solve them. Many of us are new to this space, so we foster a culture of teaching and learning. People go out of their way to be helpful and everyone has what they need to do the best job possible.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.