- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Google Cloud Platform
At Cloudtrucks, analytics and data are core to helping truck drivers manage their business with maximal efficiency and minimal headache. We ingest, aggregate, translate and synthesize data from myriad sources - sensor data from electronic logging devices in drivers' trucks, freight market data, as well as clickstream and CRM data, to name a few. These data power customer facing ML applications and empower CloudTrucks teams to make accurate and meaningful, data-driven decisions.
As an Analytics Engineer on the data team, you will expand and steward data bridges across our quickly growing company. This is a high impact and high visibility role that includes evolving our data warehouse, enabling operational analytics, and being a force multiplier for self-service analytics and data visualization.
We believe strongly in individual agency, and bias towards action by unblocking ourselves with technology where possible. We utilize data sync, reverse ETL and visualization tools for a low/no-code analytics stack, and expect you to make foundational design decisions to push this envelope in support of our analytics needs.
While data engineering proficiency (using the above tools) and SQL expertise are necessary, the most important quality for this role will be a drive to understand our business through the lens of data, and proactively share this understanding through frequent collaboration with stakeholders.
- Evolve our data warehouse
- Add additional data, maintaining an organized, documented and well designed taxonomy for user facing tables
- Apply engineering best practices to our data transformation layer
- Improve the efficiency of our most demanding transformation queries with performant, clean SQL
- Enable operational analytics by syncing data to 3rd party tools,
closing the loopin data circulation
- Be the keystone for self-service analytics and data visualization
- Manage data visualization tooling; build and own mission critical dashboards
- Support the organization to answer questions with data through training, tooling, process and your ingenuity
- Examples of additional projects depending on experience and interest: Contribute to our driver facing business intelligence tool | Collaborate with software engineers on data needs for machine learning pipelines
- 2+ years of industry experience in analytics
- Familiarity with software engineering principles - version control, code reviews, testing, CI - as well as git and command line interfaces
- Established history of writing complex, efficient and DRY SQL code
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast growth startup.
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills are paramount for this role
- Effective in a collaborative environment. We win together as a team.
- Experience with managing analytics, data engineering & visualization tools is a plus, but not required. However, the curiosity and drive to learn and adopt new technologies is.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. Core to this industry are over 3.5M truck drivers. They move more than 70% of all goods transported around the U.S., yet operate in a highly fragmented industry with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexity.
We are looking for uniquely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry-defining business. Visit our careers page to learn about our talented team, and read our $20.5M Series A fundraising announcement for more on our mission.
At CloudTrucks we are completely mission driven and working on a problem that affects the largest workforce in America. We help truck drivers manage their entire business and we have built an elegant app with very complex backend systems to do so.
CloudTrucks is a "business in a box” solution for truck drivers at a much lower cost using software engineering, data science and world class operations processes. Our mission is simple — to put more money in the hands of truck drivers and reduce their headaches. Our value to drivers cuts across 4 core pillars — data science (automated revenue maximization models like the optimizer), workflows (we have simplified and automated complex booking, payment and negotiation workflows), financial products (CT Cash in partnership with Visa and Stripe) and Compliance products.
The core values that drive our company culture are hustle and humility. We work hard, and we work smart. We solve difficult problems, and we are absolutely loyal to our team and to our mission.
We know we're tackling challenging problems and we know we need to work together to solve them. Many of us are new to this space, so we foster a culture of teaching and learning. People go out of their way to be helpful and everyone has what they need to do the best job possible.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.