Senior Software Engineer - CT Cash (Financial Products)
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Google Cloud Platform
Our customers have unique financial needs and are severely underbanked. We believe that financial products are critical to the success of truck drivers, and that's why we partnered with Visa to build CT Cash, a first of its kind mobile wallet and instant payment solution.
As an early engineer on the financial products team, you will make an outsized impact at the company by helping build out a financial ecosystem, capable of significantly improving the cash flow and access to banking solutions for our customers. You will leverage your skills and expertise to make key technical decisions and deliver products that meaningfully impact and empower the truck drivers on our platform, as well as our internal-facing teams.
Examples of projects that you may work on
- Work with our partners to design and integrate a fuel rewards program so that customers using their CT Cash card at gas stations can receive cash back rewards.
- Integrate our financial products with our core operating workflows across the platform to provide a fully embedded experience to our customers.
- Build a financial ledger to track and manage all cash movement, inflows, and outflows over the CloudTrucks platform.
- Launch banking and lending products to help our customers best manage their business.
- Work on our financial infrastructure, responsible for all money movement on the platform.
- Design, test, ship, and maintain solutions to original fintech problems and products.
- Take complete ownership over projects and features. Work across a range of systems and technologies to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Partner with cross functional teams (Product, Operations, Finance, etc.) to ensure a complete and delightful customer experience.
- Help set and improve our engineering processes, standards, and tooling.
What we are looking for
- Strong technical background, including 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer working on production systems.
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment.
- Takes a user-focused approach, shipping incrementally with rapid iterations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. As a small engineering team, we work closely with each other and other cross functional teams across the company.
- Experience with web technologies and system design.
Nice to haves
- Experience with building financial systems: double-entry bookkeeping, ledgers, payment systems, card networks, lending products
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. Core to this industry are over 3.5M truck drivers. They move more than 70% of all goods transported around the U.S., yet operate in a highly fragmented industry with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexity.
We are looking for uniquely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry-defining business. Visit our careers page to learn about our talented team, and read our $20.5M Series A fundraising announcement for more on our mission.
At CloudTrucks we are completely mission driven and working on a problem that affects the largest workforce in America. We help truck drivers manage their entire business and we have built an elegant app with very complex backend systems to do so.
CloudTrucks is a "business in a box” solution for truck drivers at a much lower cost using software engineering, data science and world class operations processes. Our mission is simple — to put more money in the hands of truck drivers and reduce their headaches. Our value to drivers cuts across 4 core pillars — data science (automated revenue maximization models like the optimizer), workflows (we have simplified and automated complex booking, payment and negotiation workflows), financial products (CT Cash in partnership with Visa and Stripe) and Compliance products.
The core values that drive our company culture are hustle and humility. We work hard, and we work smart. We solve difficult problems, and we are absolutely loyal to our team and to our mission.
We know we're tackling challenging problems and we know we need to work together to solve them. Many of us are new to this space, so we foster a culture of teaching and learning. People go out of their way to be helpful and everyone has what they need to do the best job possible.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.