- San Francisco
- $120k - $200k
- 0.0% - 0.5%
- Apache Spark
About the team: We are building our team from the ground up. As an early stage startup, our developers will be building everything from internal workflow tools to client facing portals to machine learning pipelines. Our developers work closely with our legal services team, listening to their requirements and architecting custom solutions that make everyone more productive. We give our developers a great deal of autonomy and ownership of their projects.
Responsibilities: Our current needs are for an experienced full stack developer who can deliver quality code and manage all the parts of the product development cycle from specification writing to unit testing. Our developers need to be flexible and ambitious. Ideally, our developers are not afraid to take on DevOps roles when necessary and are comfortable with system administration tasks. Primarily, however, our developers will be writing code. Our company has a wide array of software needs built on a variety of technology stacks.
Key Result Areas:
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Write clear, maintainable, testable, and secure code
- Document design and algorithms
- Communicate with the legal team to develop workflow/process improvements
Reporting to: CTO
- Software Engineering/Developer Experience: 3+ years or equivalent (through projects)
- In-depth knowledge of relational (mySQL, Postgres) and noSQL (mongoDB)
- Knowledge of at least one non scripting programming language (Java, C, C++)
- Excellent communication skills
- Systems programming experience (bash, C, etc)
- AWS infrastructure experience
- Experience working with large datasets
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Machine Learning experience (gensim, pytorch, tensorflow, etc)
Cognition IP is a law firm dedicated to patent law and an affiliate technology company. We're different from other patent law firms in our use of technology to increase quality and efficiency. We offer transparent, flat-fee pricing.
Our technology company is currently working on tools to help increase the efficiency of the patent prosecution pipeline from client intake to management to attorney review. Our tools also leverage advances in artificial intelligence to enable our attorneys and staff to work faster and smarter.
We value passionate, smart, and hardworking people. We believe that in order for us to be successful, our employees must believe in our mission: to forever change the legal landscape for the better. We are at the forefront of a revolution in the way a 400 billion dollar industry practices. It is exciting to us to be at the ground floor, and to be able to contribute a great deal to the revolution. When we hire smart, hardworking people, we trust our employees to do the right thing without micromanagement. We value diversity of ideas and people and want to foster an environment that nurtures and rewards great ideas. We want our employees to always think big while implementing the small.
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.