- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
- React Native
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a senior software engineer in the Data organization, you will have a chance to work across the full spectrum of our data systems — from our data ingestion and transformation engines that empower users to build their own pipelines and dimensional models, through BI tooling automation that helps analysts deliver insights, to our machine learning platform that enables our machine learning team to iterate on, train at scale and productionize models at lightning speed.
- Data Ingestion Platform: scalable, self-service tooling that allows non-engineers to manage batch and streaming ingestion pipelines and data transformations.
- Data Governance System: a comprehensive system that encompasses data quality, lineage, sensitive data discovery and categorization, role-based access controls, auditing, and a user-friendly catalogue.
- Frontend Analytics Service: large-scale clickstream ingestion pipeline and related stream processing.
- Feature Store: Batch and real-time data aggregation and serving layer that powers predictive models.
- Nostradamus: Training and scoring infrastructure that enable machine learning practitioners to take a model from an idea to production.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: add positive energy, communicate clearly, be curious, and be a builder.
- Experience building backend systems at scale with a focus on data processing/machine learning/analytics
- Experience building microservices
- Experience with Python and/or Java/Scala
Preferred (not required)
- Computer Science or related engineering degree
- Deep knowledge of Apache Airflow, Spark, Flink, Kafka/Kinesis, Snowflake, Hadoop, Hive
Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum and Litecoin. Bitcoin is the world's most widely used alternative currency with a total market cap of approximately $10 billion.
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open global financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone.
Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world. An open financial system is one that is not controlled by any one country or company (just like the internet did for distributing information). We think this is the highest leverage way to bring about more economic freedom, innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity in the world. We have a ten year plan to get there.
Imagine if every payment in the world was as fast, cheap, and global as sending an email. Imagine if anyone who had an idea for a product could have customers all over the world from day one. Imagine if anyone with a smartphone had access to the the same financial services we enjoy in the developed world.
An open financial system can be a great equalizer and lift billions out of poverty while accelerating the pace of innovation around the world. This is the best way we know to change the world.
Our culture is best described through the values that every employee at Coinbase embodies:
CLEAR COMMUNICATION We share information efficiently, improving collaboration and productivity. We’re succinct, candid, and kind. We practice active listening. We talk to people directly about issues, instead of concealing or choosing gossip.
POSITIVE ENERGY We’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there. We co-create solutions instead of choosing blame and criticism. We create moments of play at work. We take care of each other and help each other grow.
CONTINUOUS LEARNING We view every situation as an opportunity to learn (especially when the going gets tough). We’re more interested in learning than being right. We value giving and receiving regular feedback. We learn from and mentor those around us.
EFFICIENT EXECUTION We complete high quality work quickly by working smarter, not harder. We value completing tasks, instead of just talking about them. We prefer automation over manual work. We prioritize, focusing on the 20% that will get us 80% of the impact.
- Ruby on Rails
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.