- San Francisco
- Ruby on Rails
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 50 countries. With the success of our flagship product, Coinbase Consumer, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are now proud to offer an entire suite of products that make accessing cryptocurrencies easy and secure, in addition to new products that operate at the frontiers of crypto and blockchain.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play like a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a software engineer for iOS, you will build and maintain Wallet app for iOS, that lets our users manage cryptographic identities, securely store digital assets, and interface with decentralized applications. You’ll work closely with our product and design teams to identify what our customers need and work cross-functionally with other engineering and non-engineering teams to ship new features to the Wallet app. If you’re passionate about cryptocurrency, the decentralized web, hard engineering problems, and building great user experiences, we should talk.
A little about our team: We take continuous learning to heart - every day in our world brings new ideas and opportunities. We take personal ownership of our mission and truly believe we will deliver on it. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
What you'll be doing:
- Design improvements to our existing product by thinking from first principles and focusing on our customer’s needs.
- Turn design ideas into features that scale to millions of users by working closely with engineers on both mobile and backend teams.
- Collaborate with senior engineering leadership to chart a long term vision for maintaining and scaling the Wallet mobile app.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in developing native mobile applications with Swift, Objective-C, and working within a team environment.
- You’re familiar with the mobile product and design lifecycles and collaborating closely with designers and product managers.
- You have experience shipping mobile apps to a large user base.
- You write high-quality code with unit and automated tests.
- You’re comfortable with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Nice to haves:
- You have worked on mobile products with a focus on finance, security, or user experience.
- You have experience in building apps that interact with blockchain technologies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- You also know how to, or want to, develop on Android (Kotlin), Golang and TypeScript.
- You have experience in basic cryptography.
- You are familiar with terms like UTXO, gas limit, Web3, BIP39, and ERC20.
- Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum and Litecoin. Bitcoin is the world's most widely used alternative currency with a total market cap of approximately $10 billion.
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open global financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone.
Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world. An open financial system is one that is not controlled by any one country or company (just like the internet did for distributing information). We think this is the highest leverage way to bring about more economic freedom, innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity in the world. We have a ten year plan to get there.
Imagine if every payment in the world was as fast, cheap, and global as sending an email. Imagine if anyone who had an idea for a product could have customers all over the world from day one. Imagine if anyone with a smartphone had access to the the same financial services we enjoy in the developed world.
An open financial system can be a great equalizer and lift billions out of poverty while accelerating the pace of innovation around the world. This is the best way we know to change the world.
Our culture is best described through the values that every employee at Coinbase embodies:
CLEAR COMMUNICATION We share information efficiently, improving collaboration and productivity. We’re succinct, candid, and kind. We practice active listening. We talk to people directly about issues, instead of concealing or choosing gossip.
POSITIVE ENERGY We’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there. We co-create solutions instead of choosing blame and criticism. We create moments of play at work. We take care of each other and help each other grow.
CONTINUOUS LEARNING We view every situation as an opportunity to learn (especially when the going gets tough). We’re more interested in learning than being right. We value giving and receiving regular feedback. We learn from and mentor those around us.
EFFICIENT EXECUTION We complete high quality work quickly by working smarter, not harder. We value completing tasks, instead of just talking about them. We prefer automation over manual work. We prioritize, focusing on the 20% that will get us 80% of the impact.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.