Lead Software Engineer (Backend)
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- React Native
We are seeking an experienced, detailed-oriented, and quality-minded Lead Software Engineer (Backend) to lead software and data engineers to architect, develop, and scale API and backend services underpinning our solutions.
We value people who are highly motivated, creative, communicative, and thrive in a fast-paced, agile, and collaborative environment. You’ll be joining a small but growing engineering team focused on developing impactful solutions that enable tens of thousands of companies to thrive (most of them small businesses who depend on our solutions to operate). Our technology is already responsible for processing millions of dollars of transactions every month, with transaction volume growing rapidly month by month by month. Come grow with our team as we change the commercial transportation industry with fintech.
• Provide technical guidance to and oversee the work of a team of backend software and data engineers to ensure that work products meet technical requirements and quality standards, and follow adopted software architecture, design patterns, and coding conventions.
• Lead software architecture and technical design to translate business requirements into software architecture and technical designs that are usable, reliable, and scalable
• Partner with product owners and scrum master in agile software development process to drive software development in way that is responsive to business demands and team capacity.
• Architect, design, code, document, and test of APIs, backend services, and third-party system integrations hands-on.
• Conduct code reviews and coach on best practices to continuously improve and assure quality of product delivered by team
• 3+ years of experience leading team in agile (scrum) software development process
• 5+ years hands-on software development experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We started with invoice financing in 2017 and this has exploded in a multi-million billion opportunity to solve the payments mess for trucking and logistics companies. We help trucking companies grow their fleets and expand their businesses by advancing them money against invoices through fully digitized invoice factoring and automated payments. To help us accomplish our mission we have the best investors in Silicon Valley, like Initialized Capital, backing us.
You’ll be joining a small engineering team focused on developing impactful solutions the enable hundreds of thousands of companies to thrive (most of them small businesses). Our technology is already responsible for processing millions of dollars of transactions every month.
(Think Square for Logistics)
On the tech side, we like people who communicate clearly, communicate early, and communicate often. We're very big on communication and like written communication for outlining large ideas and most day to day communication occurs over Slack.
We also have in-person meetings 1 – 2x/week to dive deep on complex architectural issues and get through questions that are team-wide issues. Breakouts are encouraged and we love seeing two engineers at a screen working through a hard problem together when collaboration is needed.
Lastly, we want people who stress the details because that’s what enable us to be truly extraordinary as a company. From UI/UX to backend financial management which requires project-wide logical consistencies, attention to detail ensures that we avoid hemorrhaging money especially as we process hundreds of millions of dollars through our growing pipeline of clients.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.