- $75k - $120k
- 0.0% - 0.0%
We’re looking for an engineer to join our “Tier 2” organization, acting as an intermediary between Support and Product Engineering to resolve technical issues efficiently in the product. This person will live between the customer and product, triaging customer feedback and doing the engineering work to debug and fix immediate issues in the platform. They’ll also be doing light feature development when it can help our customers be successful.
This position is critical for our real time platform success, and folks that would succeed here have an incredible motivation to help people. If the work requires the core engineering team’s experience, our Support Engineer will collaborate and provide insight to the core issues and suggested solutions.
In this role you will:
- Debug platform issues as they arise, gathering the resources you need from engineering to accomplish tasks or escalate needs that require different engineering knowledge
- Work within our Internal Development team to optimize tools needed to view and resolve issues between Support and Engineering
- Always be problem solving - when you’re stuck, you will confidently find solutions independently
- Collaborate with our support team to ensure we’re delivering the right solutions to customer’s problems.
- Gain intimate knowledge of how our platform functions under the hood, and learn a lot about product development along the way
If you’re right for this role, you:
- 4+ years of programming experience in a professional setting (required)
- Love helping people to your core - you thrive on wins for folks in need
- Have PHP/Laravel 5.4+ experience preferred, but RoR, Java, or Python would be great too!
- Have experience with basic HTML and CSS
- Have familiarity with APIs
- Might have basic Linux experience - not required but certainly helpful
- Know how to investigate log files and kick off solutions
- Invest a lot into your continuing education -- you have a list of go-to development learning resources, and probably have some side projects under your belt
We strive to make shopping simple and fun by allowing real-time interactions and empowering entrepreneurs to become the next generation of retailers through social media, websites, and mobile apps.
We approach our work with a friendly and open attitude, we communicate often and without judgement.
Our product philosophy is to try new things, test them and validate them. We're OK moving fast towards our goals even if that means sometimes making mistakes or causing minor bugs.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.