Founded in 2013, Confiant is the cybersecurity leader at protecting people from malicious ads online. We are ridding the digital world of malvertising with every bad ad we detect. Our first-of-its-kind technology makes it easy to see, block, and replace the unwanted ads that threaten people online, hurt brand's reputation, and impact publisher's revenue and resources. Confiant operates as a remote-first company, with half our team working from home in the NYC region and the rest of our team members living worldwide.
Confiant is hiring a Sr. Back End Engineer to support the continued expansion of our backend architecture. In this position, you will be responsible for building new features, supporting iterations on existing ones, as well as coming up with and implementing solutions to continue to scale our applications as our business continues on its rapid growth trajectory.
About The Team:
We are a small engineering team that works with bi-weekly sprints, fast code reviews and continuous deployments to answer our clients’ needs. Our tech stack evolves quickly to manage our growing scale and tackle the challenges we take on as a company. We look forward to welcoming new members to our team!
- Develop solutions to support the growing scale of our ad security solutions
- Build features that span through the full range of our applications and services
- Work closely with talented software engineers to design, develop and support APIs and other server-side applications
- Write clean, well-documented code
- Write unit tests against your code, to be used in our CI workflow
- Extensive working experience (around 3+ years) developing large scale web applications in Python Ecosystem (Flask, SQLAlchemy…)
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming and you are familiar with common design patterns -Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with distributed task queuing frameworks and you are familiar with the challenges that accompany them
- You treat unit/functional tests as an inseparable part of the development process and you are eager to maintain and improve our code coverage
- You are comfortable with basic Linux server administration tasks
- A college degree in Computer Science (or comparable)
Nice To Have:
- Experience with PHP
- Advanced experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL data modeling and query optimization
- Experience with Redis or similar in-memory store, RabbitMQ or similar message brokers
- Exposure to the AWS ecosystem (EC2, RDS, VPCs, networking…) or other cloud providers
- Experience with big data storage like Redshift or Google BigQuery
- Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Mental Health Benefits
- Healthcare & Childcare FSA
- Commuter Benefits
- Employer Sponsored Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Automatic Employer Contribution
- Enhanced and Extended Family Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- Fully Remote & Distributed
- Career Development
- Off-sites and Team Gatherings
Confiant is committed to diversity and inclusivity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information or any other protected classes.
We strongly encourage women, members of the BIPOC community, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities and people who are neurodivergent to apply.
To learn more about us, please visit www.confiant.com
Founded in 2013, Confiant is a cybersecurity company with the first and only technology that actively blocks bad ads. We are ridding the digital world of malvertising with every bad ad we detect. Our first-of-its-kind technology makes it easy to see, block, and replace the unwanted ads that threaten our clients’ reputation, revenue, and resources.
Our team shares a core set of values that bind us together and aligns us with our vision of making digital media safe for everyone.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.