- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Convex is looking for Senior Devops Engineers to help our customers serve an under the radar, but massive and ubiquitous industry, commercial building services. Our customers service the systems that provide air we breathe, the water we drink, as well as the lighting, safety, and security systems that power daily life for billions of people.
We are based in, and love, the seven square miles of San Francisco, but our customers are in every corner of America. We found our foothold in small to medium sized businesses, and have quickly been pulled up-market to some of the largest enterprises in the country, like Siemens and Carrier. We have shipped an impressive amount of product with a lean team, but now we have to scale to meet the demands of our customer base which is growing in both size and sophistication.
That is why we need you.
Our flagship product, Atlas, is a “consumer grade enterprise product.” Think Apple experience with Oracle utility. Atlas supercharges our users’ work by providing them with information on virtually every commercial property in the country. There is literally no other data source like this available anywhere. All that data is interesting, but it isn’t powerful unless you have the ability to work with it, which is why we are building a full suite of specialized software tools on top of it.
- Manage and monitor the infrastructure powering Atlas
- Build tools and processes needed to scale our product, data pipeline, and our engineering and data teams
- Be a core part of our development process, and work closely with other software engineers to continue growing Atlas both quickly and reliably
- 5+ years of professional software engineering, SRE and/or Devops experience working on external-facing applications
- Advanced knowledge and experience with AWS
- Have built robust, complete CI/CD pipelines from source to validation
- Deep experience with monitoring tools and best practices
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Confident running and debugging production systems
- Solid programming skills in Python
- An advocate for security best practices
Nice to Have
- You are interested in building tech, real estate tech, construction tech, and/or mechanical engineering, plumbing, electrical systems, security systems, fire and life safety systems, or building control systems
- You stay up to date with technology and how to apply it to solve real-world business problems
- You want to form the core of a growing engineering team and develop its culture
- Join an early-stage company with a lot of momentum, lead by a top tier leadership team and backed by top tier investors
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- 15 days PTO + 1 mental health day per quarter
- Medical and dental insurance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Company outings & team retreats (post-pandemic 🙂 )
At Convex (YC W19), we’re building the leading B2B full-stack software platform for the $400bn+ commercial services market. It's a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day. We already work with some of the largest enterprise companies in the sector and were one of the fastest-growing companies in the Winter 2019 YC batch. Our team is a unique mix of industry veterans from Carrier, Siemens, and Honeywell as well as founders from MIT, Harvard, and Georgia Tech. Based in San Francisco, our investors include Emergence Capital, 1984 Ventures, UP2398, Liquid2 (Joe Montana), YCombinator, the founders of PlanGrid, and others.
Convex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Convex is a trusted provider of powerful, unique, and data-rich software designed by and for the commercial services industry. Unlike spreadsheets and generic solutions, we leverage a powerful combination of geographic data and easy-to-use software that digitally transforms organizations into efficient, winning teams.
Our product, Atlas, provides rich data on virtually every commercial property in North America along with pipeline management tools to help commercial services companies find and win new business. Whether it’s a sales representative trying to identify new opportunities in an area, a manager looking to increase rep productivity, or an executive expanding into a competitive market—Atlas is purpose-built to help exceed sales targets in record time.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we’re looking for passionate people who want to disrupt a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day. Up for the challenge? Check out our latest job openings and join us.
Our Core Values include Be Kind, Commit to Success, Work with Candor, and Be Curious.
Be Kind : We seek to do what’s best for Customers, Convexians, and the world. To be kind, we strive to understand those around us and take proactive steps—otherwise we’d just be nice.
Commit to Success: Accountability drives success and trust—internally and with our customers. We make commitments and execute on them. It isn’t just a promise to succeed, it’s how we conduct ourselves no matter how things go.
Work with Candor: We operate transparently and collaboratively by default. If we aren’t open with each other, we’ll just be nice. This allows our commitments to be trusted.
Be Curious: We obsess over improvement and constantly seek growth for ourselves and our business. The drive of curiosity leads us to always work on understanding, not just look for quick answers
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.