Founding Engineer @ YC startup (full-stack React & node.js on serverless AWS)
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $100k - $180k
- 1.0% - 5.0%
- AWS Lambda
- Founder/CEO/Engineer is seeking 1-2 additional engineers to join founding team to launch exciting new API in the Developer Tools space during this summer's YC S19 batch.
- Courier is
Segment for Notifications– developers plug in their existing notification providers (SendGrid, Twilio, Facebook Messenger, Slack) and Courier intelligently routes each notification across the best channel for a given user with a combination of heuristics and predictive analytics.
- We are developing our platform as node.js/TypeScript services deployed to AWS Lambda, bound to SQS queues to handle the significant scale required of notification platforms.
- We have a cool office in the attic above a book store in the Inner Sunset district, less than a block from the N Judah (blue line) MUNI rail stop at 9th & Irving – a great area for food, shopping, and jogging through Golden Gate Park.
- As a well-funded Pre-Seed startup we offer an exciting combination of competitive salary and generous early equity.
About You / The Role
- You love working on early products and being a major contributor to not just building the product, but deciding how it is built.
- You are relentlessly customer-focused and are eager to talk to our customers (developers like you!) to learn how we can improve.
- You're a firm believer that developers will increasingly rely upon 3rd-party SaaS Developer Tools like Stripe, Segment, LaunchDarkly, and Courier to ensure their own time is spent focused on their product's core value proposition. Our CEO likes to say
it's turtles all the way down.
- You're excited by the opportunity to potentially evolve into a CTO or VP Engineering role as we grow.
Courier (YC S19) offers an API that lets developers intelligently route user notifications across their existing channels – like SendGrid, Twilio, Slack, and Facebook Messenger – using factors like
is the user online? and
which channel has produced the most engagement for this user previously?
Courier is building a
developer first product with a
developer first culture. We're just getting started and our initial hires – including this role – will make a large impact upon how our culture evolves.
- AWS Lambda
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.