- Durham, NC, United States
- React Native
CrossComm is seeking a senior UI/UX Designer to join a small, internal design team who will be responsible for designing exceptional and intuitive user experiences (UX) and user interfaces (UI) for web and mobile applications through collecting, researching, investigating, and collaboratively evaluating user requirements from our clients. The Senior UI/UX Designer will be responsible for finding out the needs and pain points of customers and then building amazing user experiences that address those needs through project discovery and ideation as well as wireframing/prototyping screens and designing graphical elements and navigation components.
A successful candidate will show a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up-to-date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology. They will also be naturally curious and have a desire to understand clients' business or academic processes in order to make smart UI and UX decisions based on client needs. They should have mastery of design software/wireframe tools and a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications.
While many of our projects involve the web and/or mobile platforms, we are seeking a candidate who is also curious and engaged in the future of human-computer interaction. As with all other CrossComm team members, they need to be receptive to constructive feedback and interested in growth and self-improvement. Ultimately, they will create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
The Senior UI/UX Designer will also be expected to assist with mentoring junior designers and design and technical problem-solving skills through design reviews and guidance.
- Leading Design & Discovery by investigating, gathering, and understanding project requirements in collaboration with the project manager and software development team
- Produce high-quality, original UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, prototypes, and mockups
- Present wireframes/prototypes to internal teams and key client stakeholders
- Update and refine designs and mockups based on client and user feedback
- Design and/or optimize existing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets
- Test UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages for intuitiveness
- Identify and troubleshoot UX challenges and come up with solutions that support client objectives
- Adhere to style standards on typography and graphic design
- Collaborate with project manager and software development team to ensure completion and delivery of final product to client
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of UX methodologies and testing activities for analyzing user behavior
- Incorporate, and potentially develop/conceptualize, a client's comprehensive UI/UX design strategy
- Create and/or maintain the design for the CrossComm website
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to collaborate with fellow team members and various stakeholders
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to self-prioritize tasks
- Internal and external customer-centric problem solver
- Critical thinker
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, and/or Balsamiq Cloud)
- Portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms
- Familiarity with Human Interface Guidelines for well-used platforms (e.g. iOS and Android)
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years’ UI/UX design experience for digital products or services.
- Based in the United States
- Deep understanding of HTML/CSS/web design
- Extensive experience with UX/UI design for platforms other than web and mobile (e.g. wearables, smart devices, XR)
- Familiar with formal project management concepts
- At least one year as an entrepreneur (in any industry, tech is a plus) or at a consultant agency
- Located within the Raleigh-Durham, NC region
Contact email@example.com Subject line: Senior UI/UX Designer
For nearly two decades, CrossComm has helped Fortune 500 companies, startups, research institutions and many others leverage the constantly-evolving landscape of technology to meet their software and business goals. At CrossComm, we strive to forge positive, lasting relationships with our clients. We develop web, mobile, and immersive apps.
We are welcoming, collaborative, and believe our strength lies in our diversity.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.