- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $130k - $180k
- 0.25% - 1.25%
Cushion is looking for a stellar Generalist / Full-Stack Engineer to join us during this exciting phase of the company!
We’re growing, generating revenue, and announced our $2.8M Seed round on TechCrunch in 2019. In addition, we have been recognized by SXSW, Worldwide Business with Kathy Ireland on Bloomberg, American Banker, Inc magazine, and more.
This is a rare opportunity to join a startup as one of the first 10 employees and shape the product, strategy, and culture alongside the Founder and core team.
Who we're looking for
We are on the hunt to find a humble hard-working engineer who is agile enough to jump right into the action and start taking on projects across the stack.
As an Engineer at Cushion, you will:
- ✋ have serious ownership - of the work that you do as well as your stake in the company
- 🏃♂️ work in a fast-paced environment where an idea on Monday can become a live feature in the hands of users by Friday
- 👩💻 work on high-impact initiatives that will affect tens of thousands of customers (hopefully millions as we grow!)
- 🚀 be a major contributor in building and scaling a company
The ideal candidate is curious, driven, absolutely loves solving complex problems, is a pleasure to be around and work with, and has an intense bias towards making stuff happen.
What we're looking for
Based on our experience building teams at multiple companies, including Twitter, we're looking for candidates with the following background:
- A college degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or Physics
- At least 3 years of full-time Software Engineering experience after getting their undergraduate degree
- A track record of shipping user-facing software (please share some examples)
- An absolute wizard with web frameworks
- Familiarity with Python and Node.js
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience deploying and scaling applications on AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc
- A sense of urgency
- Bonus: Prior experience with NLP, AI, or ML
- Bonus: Prior startup experience
About Cushion AI, Inc.
At Cushion, our goal is to democratize access to financial help, not just financial advice - enabling consumers to waste less money, save more, and live financially healthier lives.
Our first service is a bot that negotiates with banks, on behalf of our customers, to get back money wasted on bank fees & credit card interest — a $200 Billion problem in the U.S. each year with no other digital solution until now.
We value a scrappy, resourceful, problem-solving attitude towards work. We're a small team trying to accomplish big things and help millions of people in the process. We spend a lot of hours together and are all mission-aligned to push the company forward every day. We also have frequent happy hours to blow off some steam!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.