Software Engineer, Growth
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
About the role
We're looking for a business-minded software engineer to help ideate and execute on experiments and new features to accelerate the growth of the business. You'll be the technical owner of our new user onboarding flow, landing pages and web experience, sharing features, and various growth hacks to get creative in how we distribute Cutback Coach to the right audiences. You'll partner with growth team leadership to plan, prioritize and execute on big bets and small but mighty optimizations to help the business scale
This a unique opportunity to get involved with a fast-growing company while having a positive impact on a huge group of people. Based on level of experience, there's a good chance this can turn into a management and/or leadership role within the company, or can also be an IC path if preferred.
We're open to different levels of experience and skill, so if you don't quite match the requirements below, but think you'd be a great fit, please reach out. We'd love to talk.
You're scrappy and entrepreneurial, with a get sh** done attitude. You thrive in ambiguity and love inventing novel solutions that push the envelope in pursuit of rapid growth and improved unit economics. You're excited to work heads-down to do whatever it takes to grow, but also looking forward to stepping back and helping lay the strategic foundation for our growth into the future.
Startup experience is not required, but an understanding of what may be required, especially during the early days, is necessary. This is going to be a fast-paced, exciting, fulfilling role which could grow into something quite significant.
We're a mission-driven company with a passion for this space and looking to build a team that can build deep empathy for our users and is genuinely excited for the problem we're solving.
You'll build features to super charge the onboarding funnel drive viral growth, improve paid acquisition efficiency, and a lot more.
- Onboarding experience: You'll own the front- and back-end onboarding stack from site land through profile creation and credit card capture. You'll spend a lot of your time on this funnel, finding optimizations to help more site visitors turn into paying subscribers.
- Experimentation: You'll own our experimentation system, helping us run more quality experiments with great data to understand their impact. You'll also be a primary user of the experimentation system for your own tests and optimizations.
- Sharing features: We're seeing natural sharing behavior when customers hit key milestones, and/or invite friends and loved ones to join them on the journey to healthier drinking habits. You'll build features to amplify these loops.
- Site optimizations for SEO: You'll help make our site more discoverable for organic visitors, optimizing structure and content for SEO.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of css, including layout patterns, transitions and transformations.
- Experience with integrating and up-keeping 3rd party experimentation frameworks, such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, etc, and experience with 3rd party analytics frameworks such as Google analytics, Amplitude, mode, etc.
- Experience with creating simple CRUD-like API and CRUD-like database operations on the backend.
- Bonus: Experience with React, with understanding of functional components vs class components, and using hooks.
- Bonus: Knowledge of web page loading sequence and performance optimizations.
- Bonus: Experience with unit testing and automated testing.
About Cutback Coach
Cutback Coach is on a mission to help anyone who drinks alcohol improve their health and wellness by building mindfulness about when and how much they drink.
Just as Calm built a multi-billion dollar business around proactive mental health, we'll do the same for proactive alcohol health — establishing a new popular wellness category. With 30% of the US adult population binge drinking one or more times per month, this is an untapped opportunity to create a great business while improving the lives of millions.
Our team has great chemistry. Since our company was born in the pandemic, we've been remote since day one and have invested in creating a deliberate culture of inclusivity and fun despite not being able to be together in person. We're hard working and scrappy, and value owners who will take a project to completion without needing to be micromanaged. We genuinely like each other, and enjoy coming to work each day.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.