Senior Software Engineer, DevOps & Backend
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $125k - $175k
- 0.1% - 0.8%
About the role
We're looking for a senior engineer to help us scale our development infrastructure to maximize engineering productivity and systems reliability as we scale our users, code base, and engineering team. While we share DevOps and infrastructure responsibilities across the team, you'll be the domain expert here, driving technical strategy, best practices, and decision-making. You'll work on the backend stack from the networking level up to our event pipeline and data infrastructure, so it'll be a broad role with opportunity to have a major impact on the technology roadmap.
This a unique opportunity to get involved in the early stages with a fast-growing company, while having a positive impact on a huge group of people. Based on level of experience, there's a good chance this can turn into a management and/or leadership role within the company, or can also be an IC/principal/architect path if preferred.
You're scrappy and excited to build our development environment from the ground up. Ideally you've been an early engineer at a scaling startup, and understand what it takes to build quickly today while setting us up for long-term stability and scale.
Startup experience is not required, but an understanding of what may be required, especially during the early days, is necessary. This is going to be a fast-paced, exciting, fulfilling role which could grow into something quite significant.
We're a mission-driven company with a passion for this space, and are looking to build a team that can build deep empathy for our users and is genuinely excited about the problem we're solving.
- Be the main owner to propose, setup, and evangelize best devops practices
- Build the devops systems that rest of the company will utilize
- Help guide other engineers to do SRE tasks on their own using the devops systems and practices that were developed.
- Design and build application features on the bac kend while working with other frontend and fullstack engineers.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code or configuration management tools such as Pulumi, Terraform, or Ansible.
- Experience with a scripting language such as python and shell
- Experience with build and release automation such as circleCI or Github actions
- Experience with cloud networking concepts such as virtual networks, security, messaging and queuing, database, and their implementation on AWS such as SQS, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, Elasticache, EC2.
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerizations is a huge plus, but not required.
- Experience with logging, monitoring, dashboarding with technologies such as ELK stack, datadog, and pagerduty.
- Experience building consumer-facing application and the scaling problems it comes with it
About Cutback Coach
Cutback Coach is on a mission to help anyone who drinks alcohol improve their health and wellness by building mindfulness about when and how much they drink.
Just as Calm built a multi-billion dollar business around proactive mental health, we'll do the same for proactive alcohol health — establishing a new popular wellness category. With 30% of the US adult population binge drinking one or more times per month, this is an untapped opportunity to create a great business while improving the lives of millions.
Our team has great chemistry. Since our company was born in the pandemic, we've been remote since day one and have invested in creating a deliberate culture of inclusivity and fun despite not being able to be together in person. We're hard working and scrappy, and value owners who will take a project to completion without needing to be micromanaged. We genuinely like each other, and enjoy coming to work each day.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.