- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $100k - $150k
- 0.1% - 0.4%
About the role
We're looking for a software engineer to help us solve interesting and practical technical challenges in optimizing our unique SMS-based product experience as we scale the business. You'll work on the infrastructure to support deeply personalized automated messaging exchanges, new flows and end-to-end features, and be an owner of key business logic and systems.
This a unique opportunity to get involved in the early stages with a fast-growing company, while having a positive impact on a huge group of people.
Based on level of experience, there's a good chance this can turn into a management and/or leadership role within the company, or can also be an IC/architect path if preferred. We're open to different levels of experience and skill, so if you don't quite match the requirements below, but think you'd be a great fit, please reach out. We'd love to talk.
You're scrappy and entrepreneurial, with a get sh** done attitude. You thrive in ambiguity and love pushing the boundaries of what's technically possible, without losing sight of the practical need to move quickly and ship quality code. You're excited to work heads-down to do whatever it takes to get new features out the door, with an ownership mindset. You should want to tell us what we should build next, vs. expecting someone to simply dictate tasks to you.
Startup experience is not required, but an understanding of what may be required, especially during the early days, is necessary. This is going to be a fast-paced, exciting, fulfilling role which could grow into something quite significant.
We're a mission-driven company with a passion for this space, and are looking to build a team that can build deep empathy for our users and is genuinely excited about the problem we're solving.
These are some of the potential projects you will build and own:
- Data infrastructure
- Messaging and notifications logic
- User administration, authentication, payments
- Recommendation algorithm
- User insights dashboard
- Key front-end user flows
- 4+ years of software development experience, ideally in a B2C company
- Experience building end-to-end, from backend to frontend, including asynchronous event-driven programming, data pipeline development, and message queuing.
- Experience with consumer-facing application development in a high growth company, with ability to contribute to shared devops responsibilities.
- Bonus: Experience with React, with understanding of functional components vs class components, and using hooks.
- Bonus: Experience with unit testing and automated testing.
- Bonus: Experience with or interest in recommendation algorithm development.
- Bonus: Early stage startup experience (i.e. Pre-seed, seed or Series A)
About Cutback Coach
Cutback Coach is on a mission to help anyone who drinks alcohol improve their health and wellness by building mindfulness about when and how much they drink.
Just as Calm built a multi-billion dollar business around proactive mental health, we'll do the same for proactive alcohol health — establishing a new popular wellness category. With 30% of the US adult population binge drinking one or more times per month, this is an untapped opportunity to create a great business while improving the lives of millions.
Our team has great chemistry. Since our company was born in the pandemic, we've been remote since day one and have invested in creating a deliberate culture of inclusivity and fun despite not being able to be together in person. We're hard working and scrappy, and value owners who will take a project to completion without needing to be micromanaged. We genuinely like each other, and enjoy coming to work each day.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.