- New York, NY, United States
- Apache Spark
You'll be using Java and Scala, SQL and NoSQL data stores, Kafka and Docker to name a few, all running on AWS. We're always keen to use emerging technologies if they can help us achieve our goals.
In this role, you will use these tools to build the services and underlying infrastructure that allows us to deal with all of that data. You'll need to collaborate closely with other teams in engineering, product and across the organization to develop innovative solutions to new challenges.
In the first month, you'll:
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our tech stack with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- share responsibility for several systems with your team.
- help to plan new features and architecture improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in mentoring and growing the team.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- design significant features that impact multiple systems and teams.
- own several microservices and be responsible for their reliability, deployment and scalability.
- be influential in helping plan the next iterations of our architecture as we strive to get more alerts to our clients faster and with near-perfect reliability.
- bring new ideas to our engineering-wide processes to help us improve constantly.
Dataminr has been recognized as one of the world’s leading businesses in AI and Machine Learning innovation, pioneering groundbreaking technology for detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information in real-time. Dataminr discovers high-impact events instantly and critical breaking information long before it's in the news.
We foster a team-driven, collaborative, and interconnected culture. Join your coworkers for all-hands meetings, happy hours, kickball tournaments, game nights, movie nights, volunteering events and more.
- Apache Spark
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.