- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Google Cloud
Interested in helping to develop cutting edge technologies to empower cell biology and save lives? If so, we'd love to talk to you! Our company is focused on developing a new imaging technology to improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology, enabling previously impossible applications. We deliver detailed breakdowns on a cell-by-cell basis, by using deep learning to classify cells based on their morphology. We've launched an internal product and are working to develop a commercially releasable version.
Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a rapidly growing team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will lead electrical design of cutting edge instrumentation products. You will start from an R&D concept, design the architecture of the system, and take that design through to production and hand off to a contract manufacturer. This includes design of electronic boards and subsystems of medical lab instrumentation. You will handle tasks requiring precise timing and communication with the host computer, and general analog and digital I/O. You will analyze system requirements and propose and design the electrical architecture. In addition, a successful candidate will select and interface with vendors to qualify electronic components to be included in the instrument, as well as select and manage PCBA manufacturers and establish incoming inspection practices. As part of the role, you will additionally establish SOPs for assembly and testing of electronic subassemblies. You will be hands-on in the lab bringing up and calibrating complex electrical and mechanical sensors, controlling motor assemblies, and fluidics pumps, valves, and flow meters. Finally, you will troubleshoot electrical issues observed in the systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- 7 years’ experience designing and constructing complex electrical products in positions of increasing responsibility
- Knowledge of low noise analog signal routing and interfacing
- High speed digital circuit design knowledge
- Experience performing circuit simulation with SPICE
- Strong familiarity with PCB design, fabrication, and bring up
- Familiarity with microcontroller and single board computer (SBC) design
- Knowledge of embedded systems and instrumentation development
- AC/DC converter design and implementation
- Comprehensive lab skills and hands-on with hardware
- Experience maintaining signal integrity and EMC
- Advanced soldering skills
- Experience with new product introduction (NPI)
- Working knowledge of mechanical and thermal aspects of sub-system design and packaging
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced, and multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong working knowledge of electrical CAD software
- Ability to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values
- High degree of ethical standards and trustworthiness
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Advanced Python or C/C++ embedded programming -Experience with firmware a plus
- Experience with biotech instrumentation a plus
- PCB layout expertise
- Design of DAQ boards and analog and digital I/O interfaces
- Proficiency with Altium
- Medical instrument certification and regulation experience
Deepcell is combining advances in AI and single-cell analysis to develop an automated platform for use in translational research, diagnostic testing, and therapeutics. The company’s unique, microfluidics-based tool uses an iterative AI-powered approach to classify cells based on detailed visual features and sort them without inherent bias. Unlike other approaches, the Deepcell platform can maintain cell viability for downstream characterization and can be used to isolate any type of cell, even those occurring at frequencies as low as one in a billion.
In one word, we treasure cautious optimist attitude. Optimism alone may result in too much disappointment and too much caution does not get anything done.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.