- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Google Cloud
Interested in helping to develop cutting edge technologies to empower cell biology and save lives? If so, we'd love to talk to you! Our company is focused on developing a new technology to improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology, enabling previously impossible applications. We deliver detailed breakdowns on a cell-by-cell basis, by using deep learning to classify cells based on their morphology. We've launched an internal product and are working to develop a commercially releasable version. Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We're a rapidly growing team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
As a Front-End Software Engineer you will design and develop web tools to explore and navigate rich cellular data. Academic and industrial researchers will use your tools every day to do cutting edge research! You’ll need to build usable and high performance web applications to help them manage and make sense of large, complex data sets. You’ll work in an interdisciplinary team composed of data scientists, bioinformaticians, biologists and software engineers to help solve hard problems which improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology.
- 3+ yrs of experience of working with frontend web applications.
- Experience working with OpenAPI or gRPC based web services
- Ability to create reusable, scalable components
- An understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good project management skills.
- 5+ yrs of experience of working with frontend web applications
- Experience with user interface design, user feedback practices, and graphic design
- Experience in using WebGL Experience in visualization of large data sets
- Experience with data visualization for ML model
- Experience with TypeScript
- Some full-stack experience is a plus
Deepcell is combining advances in AI and single-cell analysis to develop an automated platform for use in translational research, diagnostic testing, and therapeutics. The company’s unique, microfluidics-based tool uses an iterative AI-powered approach to classify cells based on detailed visual features and sort them without inherent bias. Unlike other approaches, the Deepcell platform can maintain cell viability for downstream characterization and can be used to isolate any type of cell, even those occurring at frequencies as low as one in a billion.
In one word, we treasure cautious optimist attitude. Optimism alone may result in too much disappointment and too much caution does not get anything done.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.