- San Francisco, CA, United States
Deep learning has enormous promise, but developing deep learning models at scale remains extremely complex, time-consuming, and expensive. At Determined AI, we are working to change that: our revolutionary open source deep learning training platform enables deep learning engineers to train better models in less time, to seamlessly share GPU clusters, and to collaborate more effectively.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will work closely with our current and prospective customers as the primary technical resource for the field sales force. You will own the technical sales process from introductory meetings and demos to proofs of concepts and customer success handoff. You will assist in progressing the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team, while building strong relationships with our customers’ technical staff. The Solution Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to assist prospective customers through proofs of concepts, identify and resolve technical issues and involve the Applied Machine Learning team when necessary in order to successfully complete customer engagements.
- Minimum 3 years experience sales engineering experience selling deeply technical enterprise software products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with data engineering, using and/or debugging open-source libraries used in enterprise infrastructure solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Hadoop / HDFS, and Apache Spark
- Programming proficiency in a language like Python, Java or Scala and eagerness to help customers who are primarily users of Python Deep Learning frameworks be successful
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP technologies
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Math, or equivalent deep theoretical knowledge of machine learning algorithms
- Previous professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience with and/or deep knowledge of machine learning
- Proficiency with one or more of the leading deep learning software packages: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, or MXNet
At Determined AI, we are committed to building a team that welcomes colleagues with a diverse set of identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, citizenship, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
About Determined AI
We're working together to empower data scientists and ML engineers everywhere.
Our customers are highly skilled ML engineers and domain experts working on exciting problems in biotech, hardware design, autonomous vehicles, and more. We interact with them to learn more about their data sets, modeling problems, and infrastructure, to help them with our product, and to improve our product offering.
We believe the best ideas can come from anyone and anywhere, and we have to be humble enough to listen for them. We are customer-focused, but don't think the customer is always right. We are excited about the latest in ML and distributed systems research but try to implement the minimum valuable product. We believe in open communication and transparency in our process and priorities. We believe in the healing power of karaoke and hot sauce.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.