Senior Technical Support Manager
- Azure Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform
Deep learning has enormous promise, but developing deep learning models at scale remains extremely complex, time-consuming, and expensive. At Determined AI, part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we are working to change that: our revolutionary open source deep learning training platform enables deep learning engineers to train better models in less time, to seamlessly share GPU clusters, and to collaborate more effectively.
Determined AI Support is committed to providing high-quality resolutions to help deliver data-driven business insights and results. We are a team of subject matter experts collectively working toward our customers’ success. We form partnerships with customers by listening, learning, and building connections.
As a Senior Technical Support Manager you will build and manage our Global Technical Support organization. This includes providing leadership to the team's technical staff, interfacing with Engineering and Product on customer-impacting fixes and enhancements, recruiting and development of a team of Support Engineers, and defining team performance metrics. The successful candidate will also have responsibility for leading efforts in developing and implementing world-class technical support services, knowledge base content, best practices and methodologies to deliver an outstanding customer support experience.
As a Senior Technical Support Manager you will:
- Lead a team responsible for delivering excellent technical support in a 24x7x365 enterprise software environment
- Be responsible for hiring, development, training, and skills management of staff comprised of individual contributors of varying seniority, located across multiple office locations
- Have end-to-end ownership of customer incidents working across Support, Development and Product team
- Make data-driven decisions to improve operational quality and efficiency
- Manage to key customer success metrics - SLA, CSAT, Time to Resolution (TTR), etc.
- Foster and grow relationships across product and engineering functions for knowledge building, incident engagement, new feature readiness, and product feedback
- Establish good working relationships with customer facing teams (sales, professional services, etc)
- Turn customer feedback into actionable steps to improve support service delivery
- Assess and evaluate processes, technology, and team skill sets to identify gaps and partner with Human Resources on opportunities for advancement
- Be the agent of change for new business process, technology, transformation
- Lead by example to cultivate and maintain a culture built on teamwork and collaboration
- BS or MS degree in CS, MIS or equivalent discipline
- 5+ years of technical support and service management experience; a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role is required
- Experience managing Enterprise support in a large and complex environment
- A customer-first mindset and demonstrated ability to provide exceptional internal and external customer care
- Ability to present problem resolution, root cause analysis, and corrective actions to customer facing teams and customers when warranted
- A reputation for trustworthiness, fairness, dependability, and adherence to high ethical standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical aptitude and excellent communication and negotiation skills, both oral and written
- Extensive experience using one or more ticketing systems and defining processes for ticket management, triage, and escalation
- Experience supporting a distributed system, high performance computing software, or data platform technology in a mixed on-premise and cloud environment
- Experience facilitating solution building across cross-functional teams and driving complex projects to achieve a shared goal
Determined AI is a fast growing business within the High Performance Computing/Mission Critical Solutions Business Unit at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). We maintain a fast-moving, customer-obsessed startup ethos, while simultaneously enjoying the benefits that come with having big-company resources and a global sales force with existing customer relationships.
At Determined AI, we are committed to building a team that welcomes colleagues with a diverse set of identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, citizenship, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
About Determined AI
We build a high-performance ML development environment that enables ML engineers to train better models more quickly, to seamlessly utilize and manage large GPU clusters, and to collaborate more easily with their teammates. Determined allows ML engineers to focus on doing ML at scale, rather than managing infrastructure or writing boilerplate code.
We work at the intersection of large-scale distributed systems and cutting-edge machine learning. Our customers are highly skilled ML engineers and domain experts working on exciting problems in biotech, hardware design, autonomous vehicles, and more. We interact with them to learn more about their data sets, modeling problems, and infrastructure, to help them with our product, and to improve our product offering.
After 4 years as a startup company, we were recently acquired by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). At HPE, we will remain a distinct organization — we'll be building the same product targeting the same users. Plus we'll have access to HPE's customers, hardware products, and resources to take our mission to the next level.
We believe the best ideas can come from anyone and anywhere, and we have to be humble enough to listen for them. We are customer-focused, but don't think the customer is always right. We are excited about the latest in ML and distributed systems research but try to implement the minimum valuable product. We believe in open communication and transparency in our process and priorities. We believe in the healing power of karaoke and hot sauce.
- Azure Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.