- San Francisco
As an Applied Machine Learning Engineer at Determined AI, you will be one of our internal resident experts for machine learning and model development. You will encounter a wide variety of machine learning problems our customers face across multiple industries, from exploratory data analysis to model deployment. You will use Determined AI’s platform to solve these machine learning problems in creative ways for our customers. Along the way, you will work together with our engineering team to research and develop new product features inspired by your feedback.
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning / Math / Computer Science or equivalent deep theoretical knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- 5+ years of experience building machine learning applications for computer vision, natural language processing, text understanding, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, ranking systems, or similar.
- Proficiency with Python and one or more of the leading deep learning software packages: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, or MXNet. Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- 2+ years of experience designing, implementing and shipping reliable production-quality software in an industrial setting. Familiarity with using and/or debugging open-source libraries used in enterprise infrastructure solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Hadoop / HDFS, and Apache Spark.
- Experience in cross-functional or customer-facing roles.
At Determined AI, we are committed to building a team that welcomes colleagues with a diverse set of identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, citizenship, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Teams & Process We are building a team of world class engineers — join us! We have one product and one team, where everyone is a worker-leader. We combine input from customers, engineers and company leadership to prioritize our work, and work hard to make decisions transparent. We believe in tight feedback with customers, and in minimum valuable products.
We believe in just enough (but not too much) process; currently we run scrum with two week sprints. We use Github to manage our work; we require code review, lint, and tests to pass for all our PRs. We run an extensive continuous integration pipeline to test our GPU features. We use Slack, GSuite and have provisioned a video conferencing system for our remote workers.
About Determined AI
We're working together to empower data scientists and ML engineers everywhere.
Our customers are highly skilled ML engineers and domain experts working on exciting problems in biotech, hardware design, autonomous vehicles, and more. We interact with them to learn more about their data sets, modeling problems, and infrastructure, to help them with our product, and to improve our product offering.
We believe the best ideas can come from anyone and anywhere, and we have to be humble enough to listen for them. We are customer-focused, but don't think the customer is always right. We are excited about the latest in ML and distributed systems research but try to implement the minimum valuable product. We believe in open communication and transparency in our process and priorities. We believe in the healing power of karaoke and hot sauce.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.