Dexterity Capital is a quantitative trading firm focused on cryptocurrency assets. We execute fully-automated algorithmic trading 24/7 across the globe. A leader in the space, we've developed novel low-latency strategies that our highly competitive.
Why join us?
We're profitable and growing 100% year over year
Our team has deep experience in quant trading, an exciting and growing space
We trade hundreds of millions every day and are amongst the biggest crypto traders in the world
Engineering at Dexterity Capital
Our team is comprised of three experienced developers. We operate on quarterly cycles, meeting with other teams at the beginning of each cycle to establish company objectives for the next quarter. For big projects we create a Confluence spec to nail down requirements, then an engineer takes ownership and works with colleagues as needed. We use IntelliJ IDEA for development and Git for issue tracking and source control. The team briefly meets every day for open discussion.
- Collecting and storing a high volume of real-time market data from numerous sources
- Simulating strategy behavior against historical market data
- Utilizing cloud computing to run concurrent simulations
- Creating visualizations of market microstructure
- Implementing low latency communication in a global private network
- Creating a stream-style data processing pipeline that works with arbitrary data periodicity and heterogeneous data types
Build a data streaming framework in which any number of producers/consumers can participate. For example, a producer could listen to real-time trade data for Bitcoin and publish analytics consumed by other parties. The framework should have scaleable per-stream bandwidth and overall stream count.
Find a way to decrease the request-response round trip time to/from a cryptocurrency exchange. Find a way to lower the execution time of a simulation that uses historical data stored in the cloud.
Build a tool to visualize historical market data. The tool should support all data sources that we collect from and allow time-skipping to any point in collected history.
Working at Dexterity Capital
• We value growth. Everyday we should feel smarter and wiser than yesterday. Everyone should be on a path to becoming a better leader. • We build minimum-viable product (MVP) first, and rapidly iterate on it to add features. A good product today is better than a perfect one tomorrow. • We hire people who are smart, hard-working, and kind. Brilliant jerks need not apply. • We value time above all else. We’re not late to meetings, we respond to emails quickly, and we set realistic timelines, because we recognize that time is our scarcest resource.
Work from Home
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.