- React Native
- Apollo GraphQL
We are looking for an all-star Senior Data Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems, handle the design and construction of scalable management systems, ensure that all data systems meet company requirements, research new uses for data acquisition, and conduct statistical analysis. Overall, you will strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
To succeed in this data engineering position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of machine learning methods.
If you are a strong problem solver, very detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and robust experience in this field, we would like to hear from you.
We are an entirely remote team, so communication and collaboration skills are absolutely required. This opportunity is open to US citizens or permanent residents of the US. No sponsorship will be offered.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems.
- Build high-performance algorithms, predictive models, and prototypes.
- Ensure that all systems meet the business/company requirements as well as industry practices.
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
- Develop set processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production.
- Create custom software components and analytics applications.
- Research new uses for existing data.
- Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems together.
- Collaborate with members of your team on the project's goals.
- Install/update disaster recovery procedures.
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality.
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Java, Python).
- Hands-on experience with database design.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a master’s is a plus.
- Data engineering certification (e.g., IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity to find new and unusual ways of how to solve data management issues.
- Ability to approach data organization challenges while keeping an eye on what is important.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to anticipate problems, spot opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities.
- Be self-motivated and yearn to continue to learn new skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and with leadership.
This is a remote position. Dormzi is US based but candidates can be located anywhere if they maintain a reliable internet connection, a 4-hour overlap with PST/PDT workday and can make daily standups and team meetings. About Dormzi Our mission is to build this next generation of entrepreneurs, providing each student with the tools they need to be successful because we believe that young people are the future. Today’s entrepreneur is better suited than ever to achieve success, yet many young people find themselves stuck in a purgatory of confusion in where to begin. This is where we come in.
Dormzi is designed to give students the opportunity to become entrepreneurs, by leveraging the motivation and talent they already possess. Dormzi allows young adults to monetize their unique skills, connect with fellow entrepreneurs, and create relationships with businesses. We aim to support youth entrepreneurship by providing a marketplace powered by students and young adults. In essence, Dormzi puts agency and autonomy in the hands of students, giving them the rocket fuel to create meaningful impact in their lives and the lives of others.
About Dormzi LLC
Empowering young entrepreneurs and guiding students as they embark on their career journeys.
We are a fully remote team that values strong communication and a solid work ethic. Since we're spread across multiple timezones and continents, there's a strong focus on effective collaboration and supporting each other. Every team member is a rockstar in their own right. Together, we're a rocketship full of rockstars.
- React Native
- Apollo GraphQL
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.