- React Native
- Apollo GraphQL
We are looking for an experienced, strong Full Stack Developer that not only has the technical prowess to propel our web and mobile app forward but can also think outside of the box for interesting technical challenges related to the app and our market. The developer will work with an existing team of devs, qa, and product managers to use good standard practices in engineering. Must have React or React Native and MongoDB experience with demonstrated recent web or mobile applications. We work in Slack, Jira, Confluence and GitHub so experience with those tools is plus. DevOps experience is a strong plus.
Must be available for at least partial overlap with the PST time zone for communication and collaboration. A full overlap with the PST time zone is strongly preferred. We are an entirely remote team so communication and collaboration skills are absolutely required.
Candidate must be a US citizen or a US permanent resident. No sponsorship is offered.
- Build new and improved features and come up with innovative ideas
- Investigate issues and anomalies reported via Bugsnag/Sentry
- Optimize performance for both frontend and backend side
- Write efficient database queries (mongo) and mission critical code
- Collaborate closely with other devs, designers and product managers to go from idea to implementation
- Write unit tests and possibly functional tests
- Frequently brainstorm with team members on how to improve overall teamwork
- Overlap (4 hours) with PST timezone for team meetings and standups
- 4+ years of software development professional experience
- Agile/Scrum development
- React and/or ReactNative and/or NodeJS
- Remote collaboration
Required Soft Skills:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated. Must be able to anticipate problems, spot opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities.
- Be strategic and user-centric in prioritizing tasks and breaking down large tasks into incremental changes
- Be motivated to continue to learn new skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and with leadership. Be comfortable with fast-paced startup environment
Nice to have:
- Bugsnag and/or Sentry
This is a remote position. Company is US based but candidates can be located anywhere as long as they maintain a reliable internet connection, a 4-hour overlap with PST work day, and availability for team meetings.
Today’s entrepreneurs are better suited than ever to achieve success yet many young people find themselves stuck in a purgatory of confusion in where to begin. This is where Dormzi comes in.
Dormzi is a marketplace for student entrepreneurs to sell creative products and services. Our mission is to build the next generation of entrepreneurs, providing each student with the tools they need to be successful because we believe that young people are the future
Dormzi is designed to give students the opportunity to become entrepreneurs by leveraging the motivation and talent they already possess. Upon joining the Dormzi network, students and young adults can monetize their unique skills, connect with fellow entrepreneurs, and create relationships with businesses. In essence, Dormzi puts agency and autonomy in the hands of students, giving them the rocket fuel to create meaningful impact in their lives and the lives of others.
About Dormzi LLC
Provides a platform for student entrepreneurs to sell their products and services.
We are a fully remote team that values strong communication and a solid work ethic. Since we're spread across multiple timezones and continents, there's a strong focus on effective collaboration and supporting each other. Every is a rockstar in their own right. Together, we're a rocketship full of rockstars.
- React Native
- Apollo GraphQL
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.