- React Native
- Apollo GraphQL
We are looking for an all-star Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will help us extract value from our data by leading all processes from data collection, cleaning, and preprocessing, to training models and deploying them to production. Ultimately, your goal will be to shape and build efficient self-learning applications.
To succeed in this machine learning engineering position, you should have exceptional skills in statistics and programming, strong analytical skills, and the ability to combine data from different sources. Machine learning engineer skills also include creating machine learning models and retraining systems. You will strive for efficiency by aligning data systems and models with business goals.
If you are a strong problem solver, very detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and robust experience in this field, we would like to hear from you.
We are an entirely remote team, so communication and collaboration skills are absolutely required. Open to US citizens or permanent residents of the US. No sponsorship will be offered.
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress.
- Analyzing ML algorithms for use to solve a given problem and ranking them by success probability.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems.
- Building high-performance algorithms, predictive models, and prototypes.
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world.
- Ensure that all systems meet the business/company requirements as well as industry practices.
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
- Develop set processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production.
- Research new uses for existing data.
- Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems together.
- Collaborate with members of your team on the project's goals.
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality.
- Previous experience as a machine learning engineer or in a similar role.
- Expertise in using data to train models for automating processes.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Expertise in visualizing and manipulating big datasets.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Java, Python) and basic libraries for machine learning.
- Ability to select hardware to run an ML model with the required latency.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a master’s is a plus.
- Machine learning engineering certification (e.g., IBM Data Science Professional Certificate) is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity to find new and unusual ways of how to solve data management issues.
- Ability to approach data organization challenges while keeping an eye on what is important.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to anticipate problems, spot opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities.
- Be self-motivated and yearn to continue to learn new skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and with leadership.
This is a remote position. Dormzi is US based but candidates can be located anywhere if they maintain a reliable internet connection, a 4-hour overlap with PST/PDT workday and can make daily standups and team meetings.
Our mission is to build this next generation of entrepreneurs, providing each student with the tools they need to be successful because we believe that young people are the future. Today’s entrepreneur is better suited than ever to achieve success, yet many young people find themselves stuck in a purgatory of confusion in where to begin. This is where we come in.
Dormzi is designed to give students the opportunity to become entrepreneurs, by leveraging the motivation and talent they already possess. Dormzi allows young adults to monetize their unique skills, connect with fellow entrepreneurs, and create relationships with businesses. We aim to support youth entrepreneurship by providing a marketplace powered by students and young adults. In essence, Dormzi puts agency and autonomy in the hands of students, giving them the rocket fuel to create meaningful impact in their lives and the lives of others.
About Dormzi LLC
Empowering young entrepreneurs and guiding students as they embark on their career journeys.
We are a fully remote team that values strong communication and a solid work ethic. Since we're spread across multiple timezones and continents, there's a strong focus on effective collaboration and supporting each other. Every team member is a rockstar in their own right. Together, we're a rocketship full of rockstars.
- React Native
- Apollo GraphQL
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.