Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Our Engineering team is architecting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so people can get back to living and doing their best work.
The heart of Dropbox is engineering; the heart of our engineering team are our Senior Engineers, who set the tone and pace of engineering at Dropbox. Senior Engineers work at a cross-team or cross-engineering scope, driving impact felt by hundreds of Dropboxers and millions of customers. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute in a multitude of ways, from architecting phenomenal systems, creating and encouraging good software development practices, driving strategic technical improvements, and mentoring other engineers.
Dropbox is a unique opportunity to work with best-in-class engineers on very large engineering problems, but in an environment with small teams and abundant opportunities for personal impact and growth.
- You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output
- You will continuously seek ways to make a substantial impact
- You will set direction for the team and help guide engineering vision
- You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will mentor engineers, both junior and senior
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Dropbox
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience.
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership at a company with a strong engineering culture
- Experience setting technical strategy for a large or important company initiative
- Strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects
- Ability to set technical and cultural standards for engineers
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox is a modern workspace designed to reduce busywork—so you can focus on the things that matter. Dropbox brings your files together, in one central place. They’re easy to find and safely synced across all your devices—so you can access them anytime, anywhere. No more wasting the day tracking down work.
We're built for creative collaboration. Share a big file—PowerPoint, Photoshop, Sketch—with anyone. You’ve all got the right version, and everybody’s on the same page. Finally.
Currently we have over 500 million people around the world as registered users & growing!
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.