- Ruby on Rails
About the Role
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to join our team. You will be getting in on the ground-level with us and working on virtually all aspects of the current and future product development. You'll be working directly with the founding team and taking part in technology-related decisions. You will help us build the foundation of this company - its culture, its processes, and its practices. You'll also have the chance to work on everything from analytics software to two-sided marketplaces, to IoT devices. There's a ton of interesting problems to solve.
What You’ll Do...
- Development of mission-critical back-end services, including API integrations with third-party platforms and core consumer APIs
- Development of core applications in Ruby, Node, MongoDB, Apollo GraphQL, Postgres, and Kafka, within high-scale, distributed systems
- Work closely with our Product team in designing and developing customer facing features
What You Bring...
- 5+ years of development experience required
- Deep understanding of backend server languages (Ruby/Node/Python/C#/etc.) and general software best practices
- Experience with Ruby, relational and non-relational databases, and working in distributed systems
- You have experience designing and extending scalable data models and the data stores they depend on
- You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, tested, organized, and elegant
- Self-starter - you're proactive and are able to start projects and tasks without constant direction
- Quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
- Great communication skills
- You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
- You enjoy your time working, but you enjoy your time outside of work too
It’s a bonus if you...
- Have built software in the e-commerce or regulatory industries
- Experience building and monitoring infrastructure on cloud-native hosting providers (AWS) -Have deep experience with third-party integrations -Love using bleeding-edge technology -Contribute regularly to open-source projects
Dutchie is an all-in-one technology platform offering a full suite of solutions to simplify operations: Point of Sale, Ecommerce, Payments, and more. It is our mission to provide consumers with safe and easy access and supports the wave of positive societal change that cannabis is bringing to the world.
At Dutchie, we’re always striving to be the best of the best. We want all employees to be happy, fulfilled, challenged, and empowered. A few things that shape our culture are our 13 Operating Principles and 7 Employee Resources Groups. We also have an Employee Advisory Board, consisting of 7 representatives across the organization, with the goal of identifying opportunities & presenting solutions to leadership on behalf of all employees.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.