- San Francisco
- Embedded Systems
The new platforms team at eero is responsible for bringing up our next generation platforms to enable new features and products we launch. Team members work very closely with hardware, manufacturing, product, systems, and application teams to both prototype and productize eero products. This role requires depth in software core competencies, along with a strong interest in working closely with SoCs, hardware running embedded Linux, device driver development, and Linux based software architecture. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a significant impact on all aspects of the product while working with a world-class team that embodies great design, attention to detail, technological innovation, and quality.
As part of eero’s mission to reinvent WiFi, you’ll be making a difference in the fabric of the modern home.
Role & Responsibilities
- Rapid board bring up and prototyping of new platforms .
- Prototype our ideas and work with product teams to optimize the features .
- Participate in component and SoC selection to build most optimal platforms for our next generation products .
- Help manufacturing test teams to set up software test infrastructure .
- Work with multiple vendors to integrate their solutions to our platform .
- Build out a software platform that is flexible enough to span multiple hardware products .
- Mentor other engineers in the team .
- Collaborate with Customer Support to investigate field issues .
- Has 4+ years of experience with linux .
- Has experience working with different types of specialized software vendors.
- Is familiar with git, build systems, and bug trackers .
- Is curious. You get excited about learning new things. You ask lots of questions and have ideas and go searching for answers. Geeking out is part of what makes it fun to come to work.
- Has a BSCS / BSCE or equivalent.
- Experience designing large software systems based on embedded Linux.
- Firmware development experience, preferably on ARM processors .
- Experience with Bluetooth LE, ZigBee .
- Experience with the Yocto build system .
Eero blankets your home in fast, reliable WiFi. With 2x better performance than the original, the 2nd-generation eero WiFi system ensures you’ll get powerful mesh WiFi in every nook and cranny of your home, backyard included. No more dead spots, slow spots, drop-offs, or buffering — right out of the box.
We love our customers and work hard to please them. We value teamwork, kindness, and going the extra mile. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, our company, and the world.
- Embedded Systems
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.