- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Embedded Systems
We live in a connected world and WiFi has become a critical component to every home. eero is the first company to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about WiFi ever again.
The eero Services organization’s goal is to build a world where everyone is empowered to own their digital footprint. To accomplish this goal, we must inform our users about their network activity from new devices joining to device connection attempts to known-malicious addresses. This requires moving a lot of data, efficiently and responsibly, from router endpoints and our cloud to users. Where prudent and with the user’s consent, we leverage this data to provide insights and further empower users to be in control.
In the distributed data & cloud engineering role you enjoy wrangling large volumes of streaming data, processing and transforming it, with the end goal of providing a delightful viewing experience for our end users. You are proficient at modeling the domain you are working in and designing storage and warehousing infrastructure accordingly. In a typical week, you will work closely with product managers, designers, and mobile and front-end engineers to prototype, design, and build core experiences for existing and future products.
What you’ll do
- Build. You have experience building real-time data infrastructure and platforms
- Model. You can build a data model in your sleep!
- Define. You will define APIs and data formats
- Develop and deploy. You have a deep understanding of the full development life cycle starting with feature concept to shipping of a feature
- Collaborate. Work with cloud service, mobile, experience, and device teams to bring projects to life
- Participate in data projects we are looking to open source to the data community
We’re looking for someone who
- Has 4+ years of proven software development experience with big data
- Has a solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, software design, and distributed systems
- Has experience building databases and data models
- Has a solid knowledge of SQL/HQL with the ability to tune and optimize its performance
- Has a working knowledge of the general scaling and server development landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Has experience working with open source projects
- Communicates. You enjoy communicating statuses (progress, challenges, and updates) across engineering, leadership teams, and the wider eero team
- Bonus #1: Has worked with technologies such as netdata, collectd, prometheus, and kafka
- Bonus #2: Is familiar with DNS, internet performance, and/or internet security
Eero blankets your home in fast, reliable WiFi. With 2x better performance than the original, the 2nd-generation eero WiFi system ensures you’ll get powerful mesh WiFi in every nook and cranny of your home, backyard included. No more dead spots, slow spots, drop-offs, or buffering — right out of the box.
We love our customers and work hard to please them. We value teamwork, kindness, and going the extra mile. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, our company, and the world.
- Embedded Systems
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.