- Los Angeles, CA, United States
At Emburse our mission is to help make our users’ lives -- and their businesses – better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users’ time, so they can focus on what matters most -- their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO's give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups to enterprises. We have more than 14,000 clients and 4.5 million users globally.
Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain and Australia.
Our core values - Sincerity, Empathy, Empowerment, Individuality and Teamwork - reflect who we are as a company. They are central to the decisions we make and the interactions we have with our teams, customers, and partners. As a people focused company, we are seeking candidates who align with our values.
Emburse is a proud recipient of a 2020 Tech Cares Award from TrustRadius. This award celebrates companies that have gone above and beyond to provide their communities, clients, and front line workers with support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are a people-first company, and this award is a testament to our mission to humanize work.
Emburse software engineers contribute to the development of an engaging and interconnected set of system solutions. As an engineer, you will enhance the experiences of your customers, solve interesting challenges, and design new solutions. Emburse, known for its innovation and award-winning technologies, is strong on engineering. This ensures you will have access to the best and brightest minds in our industry to grow your experience and career within Emburse. What you'll do:
- Take personal responsibility for quality and maintainability of the product and actively identifies areas for improvement
- Identifies problems/risks of own work and others
- Possesses empathy with the user of the software they are producing and uses that empathy to guide decision-making
- Identifies viable alternative solutions and presents them
- Ensures that SDLC processes are followed, including adopting agile-based processes/meetings, peer code-reviews, and technical preparations required for scheduled releases.
- Partners with product and analytics and drive requirements that take into account all parties' needs
- On-boards and mentors less experienced team members
- Develops sophisticated software with minimum supervision
- Makes complex contributions to technical documentation/knowledge base and team/engineering presentations
- Mentors and guides junior developers.
- Have a role in supervising others or leading small to moderate projects
- Fixes complex bugs and demonstrates advanced debugging skills
- Produces quality API documentation and ensures practices are followed
- Contributes to system design sessions in their area of specialty
- Have expanded Code review responsibilities
- Performs advanced refactories
- Gives constructive feedback to team members
- Learn industry jargon and business concepts to better understand the challenges our technology is designed to solve.
- Raise roadblocks and updates estimations as needed
- Communicate complicated concepts to junior staff
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent years’ experience
- Minimum of 6 years’ professional experience in Java development
- Experience working in OS X and Linux environments, Spring, AWS, Microservices, SQL, NoSQL, and GIT
- Experience working in a scrum and DevOps environment
- Good understanding of agile application development lifecycle.
- Extensive understanding of various design patterns and OOP paradigm
- Extensive experience in RESTful and security of API design
- Intermediate level in at least 1 OOP language
- Intermediate knowledge in react native and react
- Intermediate knowledge in nodejs
- Extensive knowledge how NPM package & webpack lifecycle works
- Experience in IOS/Android development
- Experience Designing and building JSON or REST services, experience working with 3rd party APIs, AWS APIs, Docker or other containers, large-scale or distributed web applications, Test Driven Development and functional testing are highly preferred.
Emburse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emburse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
At Emburse our mission is to help make our users’ lives — and their businesses – better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users’ time, so they can focus on what matters most — their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO's give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups to enterprises. We have more than 14,000 clients and 4.5 million users globally.
Emburse brings together some of the world’s most powerful and trusted expense management and accounts payable automation solutions, including Abacus, Captio, Certify, Chrome River, Nexonia and Tallie. Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain and Australia.
We have several tightknit teams located primarily in California, New York, Maine, and Toronto. We expect our engineers to wear multiple hats as we take on the challenges of growing Emburse into a dominant brand. Our platform engineers are focused upon constructing new shared services for app engineers who deliver innovation through our expense products.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.