At Eppo, we are building the future of AB experimentation, so that every company can have an entrepreneurial, customer oriented culture. We dramatically lower the overhead of running experiments by automating all of the experiment operations work that typically get pushed to analytics teams, and wrapping the results in collaborative workflows that give confidence in the results.
We have had incredible early market traction, and have sold the product concept 5 times before writing a line of code. We've raised a competitive seed round led by Amplify, and have founders of Looker, Optimizely, and Webflow as angel investors. The CEO previously built experimentation systems at Airbnb and Webflow, and now wants to democratize the experimentation capabilities seen at Airbnb, Netflix, and Facebook to the broader market.
Concretely, we are looking for this combination of attributes and skills:
- Business owner mindset: you are comfortable making choices in ambiguous situations, and think of the team's success and failure as your own
- Bias to action: You have a drive to move forward, and are comfortable using placeholders, straw men, and other temporary solutions when necessary. You resolve ambiguity by action.
- Resourceful: The set of technologies and frameworks to use for application building evolves every day. We want to use every tool to accelerate our business, whether it is an open source project, a serverless component, or an external engineer.
- Able to build using Typescript/NextJS with high quality and velocity
- Able to build reuseable data visualization components
- Able to architect data models needed to build systems in mockups
- Competitive senior engineer salary and early stage, founding team equity
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance
- New laptop/equipment of your choice and whatever else you need to be productive
- Compensation for learning materials, tools and resources to help you learn and grow
Eppo helps product teams run experiments that are reliably informative. Informative experiments validate or invalidate hypotheses and drive future product launches. But today's experiments are rarely reliable due to poor data infrastructure and experiment design. And experiments are rarely informative unless time-strapped data workers babysit them from inception to completion, including endless complex post-hoc deep dives into new segments and metrics.
At Airbnb, we were caught in a loop of throwing analyst headcount at experiment quality. So we created a 10 person, cross functional engineering team to centralize and automate these workflows. Over 5 years, we figured out how to deal with cross-device users, non-logged in users, bug detection, biased randomization, and outlier skews. We automated post-hoc analyses like no-code slice dice and funnels, extrapolating experiment results to global metric effect, and variance reduction techniques that make experiments 30% faster. And we implemented all of these pipelines while managing computation costs. Today, any engineer or product team can launch experiments and validate against core business metrics, driving $100s of millions in revenue.
We want companies to run experiments that are reliably informative. Skip the half decade of development and 10 person internal tools team, and immediately start gaining knowledge from higher quality experiments.
We are currently built on Next JS on top of a serverless GCP structure, and there is freedom to define our technical architecture and framework choices.
More information on Eppo can be found at this product manifesto. https://www.notion.so/Why-I-started-Eppo-855f757c69da4a7db49b0d23e7e55b51
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.