- Carlsbad, CA, United States
Ezoic, a VC backed Google Certified Publishing Partner is an easy-to-use, yet incredibly sophisticated machine learning platform that allows digital publishers to automatically test content, layouts and ads to enhance user experience and increase digital revenue. Our platform reaches more than 300 million unique individuals each month and is growing quickly.
We're looking for a highly-motivated, self-starting DevOps Engineer that is excited to learn new cloud technologies and languages.
This is a full-time employee position, no C2C please.
- Perform and automate system administration services including installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster recovery of hundreds or thousands of EC2 instances in 10+ regions.
- Control EC2 instance life-cycle and other AWS resources
- Respond to production incidents, troubleshoot, resolve, and document.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve system, software, network, and storage failures for a globally distributed cloud infrastructure
- Configure, test, deploy, and upgrade software for production EC2 servers in AWS
- Author and recommend settings for applications, operating systems, networks, and cloud services to improve performance, security, and reliability
- Design and develop monitoring and 100% uptime solutions for critical systems including our own in-house web hosting offering.
- 3+ years experience with both software engineering and sysops or 6+ years’ experience as a devops engineer or similar.
- Extensive experience with cloud computing and virtualization.
- Proven understanding of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, etc)
- Experience in 24x7 productions operations, preferably in a highly available SaaS or cloud service provider.
- Experience with infra-as-code using Ansible
- Experience with Deployment and maintaining EKS clusters; Deep understanding of deployment templates
- Installation and Configuration Grafana/Prometheus/ElasticSearch/Kibana
- Deep understanding of AWS infrastructure including SQS, SNS, S3, Route53, CloudWatch, Lambda, EMR, CloudFront
Life as an Ezoic engineer:
Ezoic is an inaugural member of the Google Certified Publishing Partner Program. This means we work closely with Google to help websites optimize their ad revenue. We actually have won awards directly from Google for the artificial intelligence that we’ve built. Cool, right?!?
Ezoic is a technology-first company. Our CEO is a developer by trade, and our engineers are given all the tools needed to succeed. We empower our engineers to make a lot of their own decisions about both design and implementation, and encourage them to come up with new ideas to improve the application. We also aim to keep a good work-life balance, based on our philosophy that happy engineers are more productive. We want you to be working on something that you are passionate about and allow engineers to move around to keep things fresh.
While we are all working remotely now because of Covid, we have a brand new office in Carlsbad, CA, where we plan to return next year sometimes when the world goes back to normal. Every engineer works at their own quad-monitor setup on a standing desk. We pride ourselves on getting stuff done, but when you need a break, Ezoic offers great perks, including unlimited vacation time, catered lunches, snacks, flexible hours, ping pong, video games, and pool.
About Ezoic Inc
At its core, our product uses artificial intelligence to learn how users interact with digital content and proactively delivers the optimal front end for every visitor to our customers’ sites.
We are a team of engineers that gets shit done. We like to move fast and iterate on our features to continuously improve our software.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.