- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Gitlab CI/CD
Tired of doing yet another enterprise app for dev ops, backup, and recovery or Kubernetes? Come join us and Be Famous! At Famous, we are changing the way Shopify e-commerce merchants think about converting opportunities into sales. Face it, most Shopify e-commerce sites are pretty vanilla. And on mobile, the fastest-growing, most important platform for e-commerce, it’s even worse. Famous is a mobile e-commerce experience platform that enables merchants to captivate their customers through engaging, “mind-blowing” landing pages.
We are a high-growth company in San Francisco but we love remote employees. So check us out at https://famous.co. Then apply to come join us . . . and be Famous!
Roles / Responsibilities
- Implement new features and improve existing ones by working closely with the product and design teams
- Work with a large-scale codebase involving multiple components, including frontend/backend for our design tool as well as components/compilers for our generated web experiences
- Understand how the different parts of the codebase work together and how best to integrate new features
- Help establish development processes and standards
- Work with the engineering team to ensure a performant, scalable, and maintainable codebase
- Drive the development of large components and systems
Qualities for Success
- Be able to understand a complex system and how its various components, both internal and external, interact with each other
- Handle the rapidly-changing landscape of browser functionality and web APIs
- Strong code-reading and debugging skills
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions and tradeoffs on engineering decisions
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment
- 7+ years of experience working with complex codebases
- Experience with SaaS platforms
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Experience with at least three programming languages
- Linux/UNIX experience a plus
- Frontend: React, MobX, webpack
- Backend: NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis, S3
- In-house compiler and component library for content generation
- Deployment: AWS, Docker, Gitlab CI/CD, Fastly CDN
- Tools: git (GitLab), JIRA, Slack
Famous (famous.co) enables e-commerce merchants to create incredible mobile front end experiences with no code that increases sales conversions up to 40%
We take great pride in being collaborative, in teaching each other, and in having empathy and respect for every position in the company. Plus everyone in the company gets the opportunity to speak up to their manager, team mates and the whole company. We have fostered a culture of transparency and the freedom to voice your own thoughts and viewpoints and your contribution to the work the company does.
- Gitlab CI/CD
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.